Finding My Mate [part 3]

When I woke up an hour later I hopped in the shower then started looking through my closet. I decided on a pair of destroyed denim skinnys and black tank top with gold sandals. I did my makeup & left my hair to air dry in lose curls.

When I was all done I looked at the clock, it was 10:45, I had just enough time to get to my class. So I snatched up my books and went on my way.

---*

My first class was boring. But that wasn't unusual. My second class was art, my favorite! My hands were covered in oil pastels from my latest project. But who cares.

I was on my way to the courtyard when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller id, it was my best friend Kevin. I hadn't talked to him since he left to go to Germany with the Marine Corps 8 months ago. Picking up instantly I screamed down the line "KEVIN!!"

"Hey baby. How are you?"

"Who cares how I am, how are you? Are you at home? If so, how long?" I said all in one breath.

Chuckling he answered "I'm good. And yes I'm at home. Not sure now long yet but at least for a few weeks."

"Awesome! You have to come up one weekend or week, whatever works. Not this weekend but the next I'm coming home so I expect sometime then too! I miss you like crazy."

"I miss you too baby. I can come up this Fraday and stay til the next Friday morning if you really want me to stay that long. You might get tired of me."

"No way could I get tired of you! I just gotta let my dorm mate know your staying with us. I'll text you later."

"Ok I love you. Bye."

"Love you too, Kev. Bye."

Once I hung up I started looking for Nick. He was a few yards away and walking toward me. I knew I had to look like an idiot since I had on a huge goofy grin

"Hey. How's your day been so far?" He asked.

"Great. How bout yours?"

"It's getting better. I'm assuming that phone call is what's made your day so great?"

"Hells yes! My best friend just called and is back from being overseas for the last 8 months."

"Cool. Is she gonna come up and see you?"

"Yeah, he's coming up to stay next week."

"Oh. Ok." His face fell a little when I told him that.

"Yup. So you ready for lunch?" I asked with a huge smile.

"Umm ..yeah. The café good with you?"

"Sounds perfect. I'm starving."

We turned to head toward the café, which was about a 10 minute walk from the courtyard. I wasn't really sure what to say he had become kinda closed off since I brought up Kevin. I guess I'll have to make it clear were just friends. And if he still acting this way oh well. Almost all my friends are guys, especially since I grew up around dirt bikes and what not.

Finally reaching the café we ordered our food and found a booth to sit at.

"So .." I said trying to break the silence.

"I feel so stupid for kissing you last night and you having a boyfriend. I should have asked, I'm so sorry."

"Kevin. My boyfriend! Kevin is more like a big brother these days than anything." I said laughing.

"I'm just gonna shut up now."

"No. No, its ok. Lots of people used to think we were together. We actually tried it out when I was a senior and he was in his first year of college but it just wasn't working out. So we agreed to just go back to being best friends." I told him.

"Understandable. Anyway, how far away do you live from here?" He asked changing the subject completely.

"About three hours."

"That's not too bad. Easy enough to go home on the weekends and not be on the road the whole time."

"One of my reasons for choosing this college."

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"Nope. You have any besides Harleigh?" I asked.

"No, just her. Even though she's only my step sister were just as close as the real deal. That's why I haven't told her about me being what I am."

"Why? I don't think she'd care and I know she wouldn't tell."

"I don't wanna risk losing what we have."

"Well I'm not gonna pressure you but I think you should defiantly think about it."

Finally our sandwiches came out and all talking came to a halt.

After we were done Nick paid the bill and we left.

"What do you wanna do now?" Nick asked.

"Whatever works but I can't be out to long I have couple chapters to read in my book for English and I need to start some art homework."

"Well how about a movie or some tv back at the dorm. I have a couple assignments I have to start on soon too."

I nodded and we headed off to the dorm room.

Once we got there I told him I was gonna go change into some sweats then walked into the bathroom. When I came out he was in basketball shorts with no shirt on. I think I drooled a little at his amazing body. But recovered before he could turn and look at me. We plopped down on my bed since it was directly across from the tv. I turned it on and flipped though the channels looking for something we'd both like. We ended up watching reruns of house. By the time the second episode came on Nick had pulled me to sit between his legs resting his hands on my hips while he was leaning against the wall. I melted into his body. He was so warm and his scent was amazing. I closed my eyes breathing in the smell of him. He brought one of his hands up moving my hair back from my right shoulder. I felt his nose skim up my neck as he breathed in deeply, I shivered a little at the feel and laid my head back onto his shoulder. His hand that had moved my hair was running slowly up and down my arm. He planted feather light kisses up to my jaw, and I turned my head slowly while he inched kisses closer to my lips. After what felt like forever his lips finally made it to mine. His barely touched mine but just that little touch felt amazing, I made a little sound in the back of my throat begging for more, which he gladly obeyed. It was a slow and sweet kiss that I wanted more of. Turning in his arms so I was straddling him I wrapped my arms around his neck my hands going into his hair, my nails scratching at his scalp kissing him harder. His hands grabbed my waist pulling me closer. The kiss was getting more intense and his tongue swept over my bottom lip asking for entrance, which I gladly gave. Our tongues battled for dominance, that he won. His tongue explored my mouth causing me to moan a little. His hands that were still on my waist were pulling me even closer making me moan again when I felt him hard though the layers of clothing that separated us. I begin to grind slowly on him causing him to moan. After a while we both needed to come up for air. I leaned my forehead to his, both of us breathing heavily. His hands pulled my hips to his one more time causing me to release a shaky breath. I opened my eyes not even remembering when I had closed them to look into his. "We need to stop before we go too far. We just met and I'm not some hoe you can just hump and dump." I told him.

"I know you're not like that. Plus no way in hell would I be able to 'hump and dump' you, as you so nicely put it. You're far to addicting." I blushed and climbed off him.

"We should probably start on our work we need to get done." I said going over to my desk to grab my book so I could get that over with.

"True." He went and grabbed his labtop then came back over to my bed sitting opposite of me.

i almost lost this whole chapter when my sister comp froze up but i got lucky that it auto saved just before it happened. (:

let me know what you think.

-m