Finding My Mate [part 2]

That night after they had gone to bed I sunk out of the room. I was in sweat pants and a tank top. I wanted to go running in my wolf form. So I made my way down to my car, as I was unlocking it I heard Nick calling my name not to far behind me. I turned around and looked at him as he asked, "So ..where you headed off too?"

"Just going for a run." He looked at me weird.

"Then why are you getting in your car?"

"I want to run as my wolf. And the college campus isn't exactly the best place for that." I told him amused.

"Oh, gotcha. Mind if I come with? I could use a good run too." He asked.

"Sure hop in I know a place not far that's great to run." With that we both got in my car and I started towards the 300 acres of land my dad had bought when I told him this was where I wanted to go to school.

After the 20 minute drive and me parking in the drive way of the family mountain home. Nick looked worried when I looked over at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Hmm. You know you can't just run around in peoples backyards right?!"

Laughing I replied "I can if its my back yard." With that I hopped out of the car and went into the forest to change. I was a black wolf with white paws and my left ear was white tipped, I was on the small side compared to a lot of the female she-wolfs but I could kick some ass if needed. When I came back out Nick was already turned. He was an all black wolf, with the same emerald green eyes he had normally, he was larger than most the males I had ever seen. I nodded toward the back yard and mentally said to him, *"There's 300 acres to run, hunt, whatever. When you see a patch of grass that runs like it would be a fence that's the end of the property. Have fun!"* with that I was off. It felt so good to stretch out my muscles.

After a good 20 minutes I stopped in a clearing that was in the middle of the forest and just laid down in the semi-high grass and flowers. I closed my eyes and rested my head on my paws.

I must have dozed off cause next thing I know I have a 200 pound male wolf pouncing on me. *"What the hell are you doing? Get off me!"* I screamed in my head to Nick.

*"I'm just having a little fun."* he said getting off me. Well since he's allowed to have fun I might as well too. So I stood up and jumped at him while he wasn't expecting it and nipped his fur by his neck. Finally catching up he jumped at me but I ducked and he missed flying over me. We play fought like that for a little while until he managed to tackle me down.

*"Gotcha"* he said.

*"Yeah, yeah. So can you get off me now. Then we can have the little talk you wanted to have."*

He got off and we laid in the grass facing each other.

*"Ok. So what did you wanna talk about?"* I asked.

*"I wanted to tell you not to tell Harleigh. At least not about me its up to you if you tell her about yourself."*

*"Okay can do. I don't plan on telling her so no worries. I was actually gonna ask if she knew but I guess that answers my question."* I stood up and stretched while asking *"Ready to head back?"*

*"Yup."* he said popping the 'p'.

Once we got back to the house I ran to get my clothes picking them up in my mouth I went to the back door and in the house through the doggy door that's just the right size for me. Once inside I shifted back and took a robe from off the coat rack and put it on.

I went to the front door and opened it. I looked out by my car and saw Nick still as a wolf so I hollered out to him, "Nick! Come inside." Once he was in I explained to him "I'm going up stairs to shower. There's a shower down here. Second door on your left. Then we'll head back." He nodded his head so I dashed up stairs.

Once I was all done I went to the kitchen to see what kind of food I had here while I waited on Nick. I decided to snack on some check mix. A minute later he came in the kitchen.

"There's food in the pantry if you want something. If not let's get hit the road." I said. He grabbed a bag of chips and we headed to my car. On our way back Nick asked the question I hate answering but I guess it just normal to ask

"So why aren't you mated? I mean your want 19. Most she wolfs mate at 16."

I sighed "Well I had dreams. Things I wanted to do first. Males get to finish their education so why can't I."

"Oh." Was all he said like that wasn't the answer he was expecting. Its not as though I hate males or don't want a mate one day. I'm just not ready.

We finally got back to the dorms and headed to the room. Going up the stairs Nick spoke "Thanks for taking me with you. We should do that again sometime I had fun."

"Yeah sure. I go a few times a week sometimes I go during the day so if you don't have class or whatever we'll go." As I finished saying that we made it back to the room. We walked in and were saying goodnight to each other when he leaned down and brushed his lips to mine. I stood there for a second his lips felt so good and left mine tingling. I wanted to kiss them again but held back we'd only just meet. I gave him a small smile and went to my bed before he could see me blush.

That night I feel asleep thinking, I can't wait to get to know him.

---*

The next morning I was woke up by someone making a lot of noise around the room

"Harleigh keep it down! I don't have class for like .." I rolled over looking at the clock, "another couple hours."

A deep sexy voice answered me back, "Sorry sweetheart, not used to having to keep it down my roommate has early classes!" I shoot up in bed at the sound of his voice. So not used to him being here! I thought to myself. "Its cool." I said sleepily laying back down.

"What time do you have classes today?" Nick asked.

"11 to 12:30 then 1 to 2. What about you?"

"9:30 to 11 and 11:30 to 1:30. You wanna get a late lunch or something after you get out at 2?"

"Yeah sounds good. Where do you wanna meet up at?" I asked casually even though I was freaking out on the inside.

"The courtyard outside the library?"

"Yeah sounds good. I'll see you there." Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear today, but first I think I'll get some more sleep.