Finding My Mate [part 17 -end]

i know its a bit short but ive been on and off writing this for the past year i guess. ive had writers block on several attempts and deleted several different endings because i didnt like them but im pretty happy with this one. im so grateful to those of you who have stuck by waiting for the past year and thank you too all of my fans who have added me. anyway enjoy.

----*Nick's POV

The next week passed in a blur of doctors and nurses coming in and out of Tyler's room checking on her and updating us on the babies. The boys were doing great and Ryleigh was on the up and up. She was breathing on her own and we finally got to hold her for the first time. It would still be a week before we got to take them home but that was ok with us, we were more worried about them being healthy than getting out of the hospital at the moment. The doctors were a bit surprised at how fast Tyler was healing but we just told them she was a quick healer. As long as they didn't take off her cast and check the healing of her broken leg we were good.

"How are you feeling, baby girl?"

"Tired, but they’re bringing in the boys soon for their feeding. I'll catch a nap after. How are you feeling? You've been sleeping in that chair all week."

"I'm fine, honestly. I'm more worried about you and our babies."

"Well no more worrying, we’ll be home soon and can get back to our lives, with our little family." She told me with a grin.

I leant over kissing her. I couldn’t wait for that to happen, I was ready for the waking up in the middle of the night with the babies and all the other things that came along with them being home. But mostly I was ready to crawl into bed with my girl and sleep with her in my arms again. Our families had made sure everything had been set up for the babies and all the stuff from the baby shower had been put up or replaced that was in the wreck. They had even taken care of all the insurance stuff. Since the driver of the 18-wheeler had ended up being under the influence his insurance company had paid out big, not only paying for the hospital bills and a new truck, they had paid out a large lump sum to keep us from suing. It was enough to put all three babies through college plus extra, so we had put most of it in savings for later. With my job we didn't really need the money but it was nice to know if something ever happened to me or my job we would be ok, even if I didn't like how the money came along one bit.

----*3 months later.

We had settled into our new lives nicely. Waking up with all the babies in the middle of the night was always interesting. It was as if they all had an internal clock that had them waking up all at the same time. Tyler was bumping milk but she just wasn’t producing enough for them so we had to switch off for formula every other feeding. I think they knew when, because they didn’t take the bottle as well with the formula.

My mom watched the kids a few hours during the day to give Tyler time to do her on-line classes in peace and quit. When she had first offered Tyler didn’t want to put that on her but she insisted, saying that it gave her an excuse to spend time with her grandchildren and that she had nothing better to do during the day while my father worked.

Ryleigh was still on the small side and if she took after her mother she would most likely always be. But the doctors said she was healthy and that was all the mattered. Ryder and Ryan were both big boys now and surpassing growth expectations for their ages.

I worked regular business hours most days and anytime I got the chance I worked from home so I could help out. Tyler was always behind with the laundry trying to keep up with all of us and plus keeping the house clean, or as clean as a house can get with three kids. I think she was glad that they were all rather easy going babies, not that it would have mattered if they wanted to sit and scream all day, but they were happy with sitting in their bouncy seats with keys or some other toy of their choosing.

Tyler was also planning our wedding for next winter. She wanted to make sure she had enough time to make all the plans and drop her baby weight, even though I thought she looked just as beautiful either way.

"You ready for bed, baby girl?" I asked, it was finally Friday and my parents were taking the kids in the morning to give us a little break so we could have some alone time.

"Yeah, I just need to throw these clothes in the dryer."

"You can do that tomorrow while we enjoy a little peace and quit. You can clean your little heart out. Now go get in bed." I told her trying to keep a stern face.

"Yes, sir." She said walking past me up the stairs, I gave her butt a little pop and headed up behind her.

From my point of view life was about as close to perfect as it could get right now. I had my mate, who I adored with all my heart, two sons to pass on my legacy too, and a beautiful little girl, who I could already tell would have me wrapped around her pinky. And at some point in the future hopefully Tyler and I would have more pups. But for now I was more that content with the 3 we had.