Finding My Mate [part 7]

----*Nick's POV

I woke up around 2:30 am finally remembering what I had forgot; to use a condom when Tyler and I had had sex. I couldn't decided if I was happy she could be pregnant with my pup or scared shitless of what Tyler was gonna say about it all. I knew she had wanted to wait til she was done with college and started running her dads business before we had any pups. In a couple days I would be able to tell if she was or wasn't pregnant by the scent she gives off. I was glad I was graduating in a couple months so if she was I could provided for my family, and I'm sure our families would help out also. Friday we were going to see her dad so he and I could meet officially, we had talked on the phone a few times but its hard to get to know someone that way. I wanted him to know that I would take care of Tyler no matter what our lives may throw our way. As I thought all of this I was absently running my finger tips up and down Tyler's back, I could feel when her breathing changed and knew she was waking up.

"Nick why are you awake?" She looked over at the clock and groaned. "Its 2:45 in the morning."

"Just thinking baby."

"What about? Is something wrong?"

"Nothings wrong per-say."

"Spit it out already, Nick." Tyler said nudging me in the ribs.

"Well we didn't use any protection earlier ...soo you could be pregnant." I finally said after a minute.

She gasped and sat-up. "Ohhh."

"Yeah, how do you feel about that?" I said a bit worried.

"I don't really know. How do you feel about it?"

"Honestly, happy, but I know you wanted to wait til you were done with school."

"I know I did. But we knew it was a possibility when you claimed me. If your ready, I'm ready."

"I'm ready baby girl."

"I can take on-line classes to finish up school and you graduate in a few months. I know my dad will be excited, he'll love being a papa."

"My parents will be excited too." I told her pulling her down next to me. I breathed a sigh of relief that that went way better than I had expected. "I love you so much Tyler. I can't wait to have our own little family."

"I love you too Nick. Do you really think I'm pregnant? I don't wanna get my hopes up to have them crushed." She said in a sad voice.

I pulled her closer to me and pressed my lips to her forehead. "After that marathon, oh yeah baby girl, your pregnant." I breathed in her ear. "But we could always make sure." I said huskily.

"No, no. I have class in the morning and Harleigh and Kevin are in the room now. So just calm yourself down big boy." She chuckled back at me.

Damn I forgot about them. I wonder if Tyler would be up for moving into an apartment. After having her sleep in my arms every night I don't think I can go back to sleeping without her. Guess I better wait til Kevin tells Harleigh what he is, since that will most likely out Tyler and I. Then she wouldn't think we were crazy for moving in together so fast, and she was the only person I was concerned with what they thought, everyone else who mattered already knew we were mates and that werewolves move faster in relationships than humans usually do.

----*Tyler's POV

Thursday had been boring, just classes and homework. Kevin told us at dinner that he was gonna stay the weekend up here while we were gone, he was either gonna stay at my house that was down the road or if Harleigh was ok with it he'd stay in the dorm room like he had been. It was about 11 in the morning on Friday and I was packing Nick and I a bag to take to my dads house, while Nick was still asleep. I was excited, I loved spending time with my dad and he was gonna love Nick; I was sure of it. We were only staying tonight and some of the day tomorrow so it only took me a few minutes to throw a bag together. Saturday we were having dinner with his dad and step-mom. I already knew his step-mom, Dena, she had always helped Harleigh and I step-up our dorm room at the beginning of each school year, and I had met her other times through out the years. Actually last year Harleigh had told her about a problem I was having that needed a womens opinion and she had become like a mom to me since.

"Nick, wake your lazy ass up and get dressed. I want to leave soon." Suddenly Nicks arms shot up and wrapped around me pulling me down on top of him. He rolled so he was hovering over me and nuzzled his face in my neck. He froze then started running his nose up and down my neck taking in deep breaths. "What are you doing?" I finally asked after a few minutes.

"You smell different baby girl." He murmured.

"Oh yeah, how so?"

"Well not only do you have my scent mixed in with yours but there's another one, you know what that means?"

I looked at him with wide eyes. I had almost forgot about the possibility of me being pregnant. I push him off me, sat up, and pulled my shirt up looking down at my stomach. I touched it lightly with my finger tips, barely brushing over the skin; could I really have a baby growing in me? It was kinda weird to think about but also exciting. Nick reached a hand out and put it over my flat stomach and looked into my wide eyes.

"You do still want this right, baby girl?" He sounded desperate for me to reassure him.

"Of course I do. Just a little shocked thats all, I had kinda pushed the possibility out of my head. But, yes, I want our baby, more than anything." I said then pulled him into a long kiss.

----*a few hours later.

Nick was driving my car through my home town, we were about 10 minutes away from my house. I was still fascinated with the fact I had a little person growing inside me and couldn't help but keep a protective hand over my belly. I was nervous about telling my dad only because I was his only child and little girl.

"Clam down Tyler everything is going to be ok." Nick cooed to me.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths, Nick laced our fingers together and gave a little squeeze in support. Before I knew it we pulled into my drive way and parked, the front door opened and my dad came barreling out. As soon as I was out of the car I was being pulled into hug.

"Hey daddy, I missed you."

"I missed you too peanut." He pulled out of the hug, he noticed Nick standing behind me and stuck out his hand to shake his. "Welcome to the family son."

"Thank you Mr. Paris."

"Call me, Chris." He said as he urged us into the house.

"Dad we have some news to tell you."

"Oh yeah, whats that?"

"How 'bout we go sit down then I'll tell you?" He nodded and we all headed to the living room.

After Nick and I settled into the couch and my dad settled in his recliner, I took a deep breath and began.

"I'm pregnant." I said it as bluntly as I could. He already knew Nick had claimed me but I had told him we were going to wait to have kids or pups as Nick liked to call it.

"Well thats a bit of a surprise, since you said you were gonna wait. Are you happy?" He asked a bit taken-a-back.

"Very happy dad. We just found out this morning, we weren't planning on it happening so soon but I wouldn't change it for the world."

"You better take care of her son or I'll have to come after you, old man or not I can still hold my own." He warned Nick.

"Of course sir. I think I'm more excited about this than Tyler is to be honest."

After that the evening flowed nicely, daddy told us we should move into the house up there, he was already paying the electric and cable/internet so it shouldn't go to waste. I could tell he already loved Nick and excepted him as a son and that he was very excited about being a papa. He was talking about changing one of the spare rooms into a nursery for when we stayed here or he was babysitting. I thought he was getting a little ahead of himself but didn't want to spoil his happiness so I keep my mouth shut.

"Tomorrow I have to go into work in the morning for a few hours but after that we'll go out to lunch and take you shopping." He told me after dinner.

"What are we going shopping for dad?"

"Your gonna need some new clothes here soon and I know a mother would usually do that with her daughter but since I'm all you got, I wanna take you."

"Dad I'm not gonna need new clothes anytime soon." I said rolling my eyes.

"Shut up, Tyler, we're still going no matter if you like it or not."

"Fine, fine dad. Whatever you want." Seriously the man acted like I was gonna grow over night.

"I want you to come home more often too. I don't wanna miss my little girl going through her first pregnancy too much. Just one night a weekend or something. Ok?"

"Ok daddy. If thats what you want. But tomorrow were only buying a couple things, later on we can go back." It seemed like we had made a deal that pleased both of us, so I said goodnight to Nick and my dad and went on up to my room Nick would be up later, he wanted to get to know my dad more. It made me happy that they got on so well with one another.

Around 11 I felt the bed dip and Nick crawl in beside me.

"You awake, baby?" Nick whispered.

"Yeah."

"Sooo ..do you want to move into that house? I was gonna see if you wanted to get an apartment but since your dads offering to let us live there I think it would be great. We could go running at night together easier and it would give us more privacy." He whispered wiggling his eyebrows.

"Perv, but yes I'd love to move in there with you. Plus I think Kevin is going to be spending a lot more time in the dorm now and that will give him and Harleigh privacy too." I whispered back. "Do you think Kevin will tell her we're werewolves this weekend? I know Harleigh is already falling in love with the goober, she told me yesterday when we were walking back from class."

"I think he will. He might have mentioned something to me about it." Nick said with a sly look.

"You know something your not telling me don't you?"

"Maybe. But I promised not to saying anything about it. So my lips are sealed."

I huffed, but nodded, I understood that he didn't want to break the bonds of trust on his and Kevin's new friendship. "Night, love you." I said curling into Nicks body.

"I love you too, baby. Goodnight."

yay. two uploads in one week. i really like this chapter. i think it shows how much nick really loves tyler and the thought of them having kid even though its so soon. anywhoo vote. cmt. fan.

love -m

ps.- thank you to all my new fans. i hope you enjoy the story. and a big thanks to all of you who have voted and cmt. (: