36

Iris's P. O. V.

"Guys I told you to try and clean the house over the weekend!" I exclaimed walking in and seeing a huge mess in the kitchen and living room.

"We got distracted."

"Well now we have one day to clean the whole house and get the Christmas tree up and decorate everything," I told them putting my hands on my hips.

"Kayla said she'd come over and help," Daniel said, his mouth full of chips.

"Well let's get started. My mom is coming over with Wes at like noon, so we need to have the tree up by then."

With the boys' house being relatively new, the families wanted to come to L. A. for Christmas. I personally wanted to go back so Wes could experience snow, but I guess we could wait until next year.

We all scrambled around the house trying to get everything clean and presentable. It seemed like it took so long, but we had finished in about two hours, at eleven.

"Zach and I are gonna go get a tree since none of you thought to do it before now. Jonah and Corbyn I have a list of what food everyone is bringing, so look at that and find out what we need to get. Jack and Daniel, just make sure that everything is in place. My dad is coming with my mom to put up the Christmas lights."

"Okay. We got this Iris," Jack said.

"I hope so," I mumbled. I slipped on my shoes before following Zach outside.

"Are we getting a huge tree?" Zach asked.

"Um, of course," I told him.

"Will we be able to fit it?" He asked.

"We'll get one that will fit on top of the car."

We got to the tree farm and started our search.

"This is it!" I shouted.

"Iris, that tree is too big," he shook his head.

"No, I think it'll fit. Come on, let's just try it!" I pleaded.

"Iris it's not gonna fit in the house,"

"Your house is huge. It'll fit."

"It's gonna fall off of the car!"

"Zach, I promise it'll be okay. We'll make it work. Please?"

He sighed. "How can I say no to you?"

"Yay!" I shouted. We got a worker to help us get the tree. We all lugged it to the car and tied it to the top.

"Good luck," the guy said before leaving. I heard him scoff as he walked off.

"Iris, this tree is too big."

"Does it fit on the car? Yes. What's the problem?"

"If it falls and gets destroyed, I am picking the new tree."

"Fine. But it's not gonna fall. Let's get home so my dad can help set up." We quickly drove home, after convincing Zach the tree wasn't gonna fall off and he didn't need to drive slower than the speed limit.

When we got home everyone came out to help us get the tree set up in the living room. We walked in and my mom was pulling cookies out of the oven. Christmas music was playing and it felt just like Christmas, minus the cold weather.

The tree fit perfectly in the house. It took a while to get it set up, but we did it. Wes loved playing with the bottom branch

We had decorated everything on the inside of the house. It was all set up and ready for all the families to come for Christmas lunch tomorrow. Now all we had to do was put up the lights outside.

"Dad, please be careful," I said as him and Jonah started climbing the ladder. "You too Jonah."

"We will be," my dad said.

The rest of us started the small things that weren't on the roof. We put up blow up decorations and tons of stuff. My mom sat with Wes on the driveway and played with his toys.

"How does it look?" My mom asked once we had finished everything. I walked out to the street and looked at the whole house.

"It's Christmas baby," Corbyn said. We all laughed.

"It looks great. Good job everyone!" I said. We all made our way back inside.

"Did you guys take care of everything while we were gone?" I asked.

"Your mom helped Corbyn and I with the food. She said she had it all under control," Jonah explained.

"We've checked and double checked and triple checked. The house is spotless," Jack said.

"Great. What time is everyone flying in?"

"My family isn't coming until tomorrow. Reese doesn't want to confuse Santa." Zach smiled.

"Same with Isla and my family," Jack said.

"Yeah, Svea says the same thing, so they'll come in tomorrow," Jonah said.

"My family is flying in tonight, but they're staying in a hotel," Daniel said.

"Mine too," Corbyn agreed.

"Sounds good. I don't know about you guys, but I'm craving pizza."

"Let's go out and get some," Zach suggested. My parents had to leave, but the rest of us went out to go get pizza.

                                   *****