11

Iris's P. O. V.

It took a minute for the words to process in my brain, but when they did I fell into Zach, tears bursting from my eyes.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Zach said, his voice cracking as tears fell from his eyes too.

"We're doing the best we can," the unoccupied nurse replied.

Although it was only about two minutes, it felt like three hours. Finally, Wes calmed down and he was stabilized.

"What was that?" I asked when the actual doctor came in.

"He had a seizure which could cause and mean many things," he said looking up from his clipboard.

"Such as?"

"We're going to run some tests to see what it could mean. I don't want to put any ideas in your head, so just give us about an hour to get everything tested. Then we'll talk," he said before shaking our hands and leaving the room.

"Zach," I cried sitting in his lap and dropping my head on his shoulder letting all of my tears fall.

"I know babe," he whispered rubbing my back.

***

"Mr. and Mrs. Herron?" He doctor asked walking into the room. Zach loved when the doctors or nurses said that. He said it made him feel like we weren't just teenagers in love. We were parents who loved each other more than anything.

"I have good news, but I also have bad news."

The bad news was completely expected. From the time the doctors left to get the test results to now, Wes had another seizure.

"The seizures showed symptoms, and the tests confirmed that Wes is dealing with brain hemorrhage. That means that there is bleeding in his brain."

I gasped, hearing those words. I clenched onto Zach's shirt tighter than before.

"A ruptured blood vessel is what caused it. We'll treat him as we would any other patient, but if it becomes severe, we'll take him to surgery."

"Will he be okay?"

"As of right now, he's fine. If it worsens, then we'll have something to worry about."

"Okay, thank you," I said wiping my tears. He shook our hands once again and left us alone.

"I knew something was gonna happen," I turned and straddled Zach in the chair with tears still streaming down my face.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. He's fine, the doctor said so," Zach reassured me, wiping my tears.

"But what if he's not?" I croaked.

"You just have to think positively," he sighed.

                                ***

"Iris, are you listening?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up from my lap to Meghan, who sat behind her desk.

"Sorry, what?"

"Are you okay?"

"Honestly, no. I'm just so stressed about Wesley and the concert. I just need a break from it all."

"I'm sorry Iris. I'd say you could have a break, but the first show is in a little over three weeks. We need to have your schedule and set figured out."

"Okay. I'm listening now."

"So I talked to David. He told me that there are 12 dates total. How many do you think you could do?"

"I'd say five or six."

"Okay so now let's pick the ones you go to."

"Dallas, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles for sure," I said thinking of my family and Zach's.

"Okay."

"How about New York, Atlanta, and Miami, too," I said looking at the schedule she handed me.

"I think that'll be good. And if you feel like you can leave Wes for another day or two, you can always join a show last minute."

"Oh, okay."

"I'll send this to David and he'll discuss it with the boys."

"So is this all you needed?"

"Yes, you can go now. I can see your urgency," she said pointing at my legs that were bouncing up and down.

I thanked her before grabbing my purse and sprinting down the hall, out to Zach's car. As soon as I got in he drove to the hospital. We checked in, grabbed our scrubs, and went into Wes's room.

"Where is he?" I asked, my heart dropping when I didn't see him in his incubator.

"Is he okay?" Zach asked, tightly gripping my waist.

"Oh, we just had to move him to a different room. Since he'll be here long term, we took him to a different room," the nurse said.

"Oh my gosh, that scared me!" I exclaimed holding my hand to my chest.

"He's in room 408."

"Thank you," Zach said before rushing me out of the room and to the elevator that took us from the second floor to the fourth. We ran out and got to Wes's room where he was in his incubator.

"How's he doing?" I asked.

"Great news, the bleeding in his brain stopped."

"It...stopped?"

"Yes. It's rare, but it can happen to patients."

"So he's fine now?" The nurse nodded her head. I fell into Zach and gave him a huge hug. Relief filled both of us.

I went over to the incubator and let Wes hold onto my fingers. He seemed perfectly fine, so I hoped everything was okay.

                                   ***

"You're sure it's okay for me to leave him? Because I don't have to go,"

"Mrs. Herron, I assure you Wesley will be fine. You'll only be gone for a day and a half."

"But if something does go wrong..."

"We'll call your mother, and then call you."

"Okay, thank you so much."

"No problem. Good luck on your shows." The doctor smiled.

I gave him a hug and went over to Wes's incubator.

Last week the doctor let us hold him, and he reacted well to us. Since then, we'd take him out every day. I even started to breast feed.

I held him safely in my arms as I said my goodbyes.

"Bye Wesley. I'll see you in two days. I love you." I kissed his head before passing him to Zach who did the same.

Zach put him back in the incubator and took my hand. He led me outside and to where David and the guys were parked. We were on our way to the airport to fly to Dallas for our first Jingle Ball show.

We drove to the airport and quickly went through security. We couldn't stop for fans for very long because stopping at the hospital made us later than we wanted go be.

"Reese is so excited to see you," Zach said when we found our seats on the plane.

"Aww, I miss her."

"I was talking to my mom and she told me she was counting down the days until we were coming."

"Aww that's adorable!"

The plane started to take off and soon we were in the air, on our way to Dallas.

                            *****

A/n

AHH IM SO SORRY GUYS!!! I meant to update last night but I forgot.

I hope you all like this chapter!! Vote and comment!!