Ellie and Harry Visit Korea

Ellie woke up to a constant buzzing from her phone, and checked to see who was calling. But it was not a call, just a constant stream of text notifications.

*You're married??!?!!?

*Is this real? There's no way you're married to Harry Styles

*Did April fools come early this year?

*Seriously, this has to be a different Ellie Wilson who plays hockey for the Riveters

Text after text from people she'd known through all walks of life flooded her phone looking for confirmation on her nuptials to the pop-star.

"I think it's time you got a new phone number," Harry tiredly joked as he got up.

"I definitely agree." She scrolled through the messages, laughing at a few and cringing at others. Who knew her former classmates had such an opinion of Harry? "Should I respond to them?"

Harry shrugged and slid out of bed. "If you want, but I think we definitely confirmed it was true last night. You want some coffee?" He asked before slipping out of their bedroom.

"Yes please!" She called after him and continued scrolling until she got to one that actually mattered. 'Oh shit...' she thought and opened the text.

*I didn't think you were the marrying type, but congratulations

Ellie sighed and leaned back in bed. It had been quite a while since she'd run into her ex at a hockey game in New York while visiting Harry, and since then she had realized perhaps they didn't end their relationship on the terms she'd thought they had. At the time, she thought he dumped her because she wouldn't move to the states with him so he could pursue his hockey career. He never said it, but a move like that implied he thought they would have a more permanent relationship after that point. At the time (nearly four years ago exactly) Ellie would have been all for that - she and Glen had been together since freshman year of college, and that was the next logical step.

Yet, Ellie stayed behind, and Glen moved to the US to play hockey, inevitably ending their relationship - or so Ellie thought. Ellie later learned from her brother (and her ex's best friend at the time) that Glen thought they were going to try to work things out long distance. When Ellie appeared distant, and didn't return his calls, Glen realized something was up. But the real deal breaker came when he saw she'd gone on a date with another guy just weeks after he'd left. Disappointed and angry, he didn't even confront her, just left her with the message that he didn't want to see her ever again.

Ellie shook her head at that memory, realizing how wrong she'd gotten it. How could she have gotten it so backwards? Sure, she and Glen didn't have the perfect relationship, but, what relationship is perfect?

Harry appeared in the doorway with their coffee, almost as if answering her unasked question. 'Okay, some relationships are perfect' she thought and smiled as he handed her a mug of coffee. "Thank you." She kissed his cheek as he climbed back into bed to snuggle with her. At that moment, with Harry's head resting on her shoulder - feeling his hair tickling her neck - Ellie promised to never mess up that 'perfect' relationship, no matter what it took.

"I have a surprise for you," Harry interrupted Ellie's mental vow. "Sort of an early Valentine's Day present."

"Oh?" Ellie had forgotten all about that upcoming holiday - but of course it was always two weeks after Harry's birthday.

"Have you ever been to Korea?" He sat up and asked.

"North or South?" Ellie asked, knowing it was a dumb question.