Chapter 10

Hey guys!!

So quick A/N:

1) This book is not even close to being over, so don't freak out when I end chapters with cliff hangers.

2) What do you guys think about Logan? I'm sure you'll change your mind about the 'bad guys' when you find out why they are the way they are.

3) Get excited. This book is about to get interesting(:

Comment- Fan-Vote- Tweet-Like- Share- Etc.

***

Chapter 10

(Kaila)

            I gulped as Logan stepped through the doors, along with the man that had shot me with the tranquilizer gun. I noticed something different in Logan. He still had his cocky stance and smirk, but I felt like it was taking him a lot of effort to put up the facade that he cared. His eyes were no longer flat,  but they were filled with so much pain I had to look away to the second man.

             His friend on the other hand wasn't faking, his hate-filled glare told me he still didn't appreciate the fact that I had knocked him on his ass earlier. Swallowing back my fear, I felt Jon's arms tighten around me and a low growl tore out of him.

             "Stay away from her, you sick mother-."

            "Stop talking Jon, or I'll make my life easier and shoot her." Logan's voice was tired.

            Jon immediately stopped talking but continue to glare deadly at them and I shivered feeling the effects of  his hate even though it wasn't aimed at me. I watched fascinated as Logan flinched under his gaze, before he sighed.

            "Trent, you know what to do. I have to go talk to Declan." Logan walked out as though the entire visit had taken everything that was left out of him, and he couldn't even pretend to care anymore. Trent watched him out of the room, his eyes narrowing in suspicion before turning back to us. His smirk was back and it sent chills up my spine. I curled in even closer to Jon, who whispered soothing words to me. This time when Trent's eyes narrowed they were  filled with envy, but just like all the other men that attacked us it was as if he had no soul in his eyes. They were dull, lifeless.

            Suddenly, I knew what everyone here shared. They had all loved someone wholly, had met their soul mate and gave themselves over to them completely and then lost them. It had ripped them apart. That was what could drive up to a dozen people out of their minds and become the cruel rouges they had always despised. I no longer feared these people, nor felt anger towards what they did to us. I could only find it in me to pity them. Straightening in Jon's lap to the best of my ability I looked Trent dead in the eyes.