Chapter 17

Okay so let me just say that I have the most precious fans ever! Seriously love each and every one of you guys! For every person who skipped my A/N and yelled at me to update there were three fans right there saying calm down.Your comments put a huge smile on my face!

Enjoy!

***

(Kaila)

A light, almost tickling pressure on my cheek woke me from my deep sleep. My eyelids fluttered open to reveal Jon's face almost glowing from the morning light streaming in from the windows behind our bed. He had a soft smile on his face as his hand traced my face, and when he saw my eyes had opened he leaned down to trail delicate kisses from my ear to the corner of my mouth. When I turned my head impatiently to try and cover his lips with mine he pulled back with a chuckle. I frowned at him.

"Good morning kitten."

His voice was rough from the lack of use and I shivered as the sound carried down my spine. God, there was nothing like that sound to wake up to. Raising my hands above my head I gave a big stretch. Well, I tried to stretch, but suddenly there was a body on top of mine. My eyes flew up into the Jon's darkening ones as I gave a startled gasp.

"I've missed you." Was all he said before he attacked me with his lips. His arms caged me in as our mouths danced together. It seemed like I could never get enough of this slice of heaven. Of Jonathan. His hands snaked beneath my shirt as my heart began to pound in anticipation.

Which was naturally fate's que to be cruel and have someone knock on the door.

"Kaila Marie Thompson! Get your ass out here and reassure your mother that you are alive!" We both groaned as my mom shouted through the door. My face flooded with embarrassment as I knew she would realize what we were on our way to doing. I groaned in frustration.

"Don't worry baby, we will pick this back up very, very soon. And next time, I'll make sure we will have no disruptions." Jon whispered into my ear making my face even more red than it all ready was. He took one look at my face and roared out laughing, nearly falling off the bed. So I just helped him along and gave a little shove. Now it was my turn to laugh at his surprised face. Growling at me, I knew I this could get out of hand fast, especially since we hadn't mated along with the recent trauma. So I sprinted to the door and flung it open before Jon could drag me back to the bed. My mother's worried face greeted me before I was pulled in for a bone-crushing hug.

"Don't ever to that to me ever again, do you hear me?"

"Yes, ma'am." I managed to get out. Jon came up behind us and cleared his throat before gently taking me from my mom and entwining his arms around my waist.

"Maybe we should take this downstairs?" He suggested. My mom nodded and disappeared down the hall. We took it slow going down, because though Jon was healing remarkably fast he still had to take it easier. Every time I tried to step around and help him by steadying him, he would just yank me back into his arms with a warning growl. I sighed when I realized how over bearing he would be for a while. When we finally reached the ground level, I nearly cried when I saw the faces of my pack staring back at me. It had been four days since Jon and I had been out of his room, the only one allowed in under Jon's orders was the pack doctor to bring food and towels.

Familiar faces surrounded us as Ron and Trey, one of the warriors, stepped forward to help Jon into a chair for breakfast. I slipped from his arms to help the others in the kitchen with the meal. I could hear my mates loud growl when he realized I wasn't in the same room but I rolled my eyes. Just like a child throwing a tantrum, you ignore the behavior you want to go away.

I started on cooking the bacon, my eyes as round a saucers when I saw three packages laid out to be cooked. My mom commented on the quantity of the food while she cut the fruit. I murmured my agreement to her as I let my own thoughts take over. Humming to myself I felt myself fall back into the routine of a semi-normal life. Although the scar on my neck would be a permanent reminder of how precious life is. Absentmindedly I rubbed it, and cried out when a shot of pain went through me.