Chapter 2

Wow! I loved the response I got to the first chapter!! So much that I sat down and wrote the second!! Keep up the love!

Just a warning, there are cuss words in this chapter.

Carry on(:

***

"What the fuck!! Jonathan?" I was still in his arms as I tried calming my raging heartbeat. His torturous path of kiss down my face wasn't helping.

"Careful kitten, I don't think I like crude words coming from your perfect lips." Blush crept up my neck and settled in my cheeks. I kept trying to get out of his arms, not being able to even think clearly with them around me, when my mom appeared out of nowhere and saved me.

"Alpha, please put my daughter down. She doesn't understand anything right now, I haven't told her anything yet." Reluctantly, Jonathan loosened his arms enough so that I could squirm out of them and run behind my mom. My mind was stuck on her words, it seemed as though everyone was using a strange choice of words today.

"Kaila please sit and listen to everything I have to say." My mom's serious tone frightened me, and for some reason I knew my world was about to be turned upside down. Cautiously, I slid into the loveseat and glared at Jonathan when he made a move to sit by me, as if out of habit. Catching my glare, he sighed

"So, anyone care to share the big secret?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Kaila, sweetie, there is no easy way to say this. The world you live in, is not the world you belong in. You are not human. Well you are, but not fully. I mean half-way you are. Gosh, I am not saying this right." My mom rambled, showing me how nervous she is, but it only confused me more. Jonathan took a hold of the situation, and I had a feeling he was used to taking charge, and for some reason I will never admit the thought of Jonathan in charge turned me on.

"What your mom is trying to say is that you're a Werewolf. Well, half of one. Your father was a shifter, but his mate, your mom, is human. You could have the gene or not, we won't know until you turn eighteen or you mate."

"Ah uh." None of this is making any sense.

"You don't believe us, do you?" I gave him a look that said, what do you think?

"I'm studying to be a lawyer, I need cold hard facts, not two people trying to prank an unsuspecting girl." My mom sighed and turned to Jonathan. His eyes, which had been steadily trained on me the entire time, watching my reactions, turned to look at my mom. For some reason, as soon as they left me, I felt cold, as though the sun had suddenly hidden behind a cloud. Something inside me stirred, an unfamiliar pull was trying to get my heart closer to Jonathans. I wanted- no needed his eyes back on me. Now.

"I told you Alpha, she's stubborn, just like her father." My mother's voice turned wistful, "She'll need to see you shift."

Jonathan stood and slowly took his shirt off.

"What the hell are you doing?"  Jonathan scowled at me.

"Kitten, what did I say about your words? And I am proving what we're trying to tell you."

If I wasn't drooling before at his face, I was now looking at his well defined eight -pack. I could feel his eyes taking in my reaction to his body, and not wanting to embarrass myself further, I look away and my eyes landed on my mom. She was looking at Jonathan, not in any cougar way, but a growl tore out of me. Everyone froze. Why had I just growled, and at my mother? For her looking at Jonathan?