A not-so-friendly game of hide-and-go-seek in the city

Two weeks doesn't sound like a lot, does it? It's only fourteen days. Not that much. 

Chaos had erupted in Cross Academy. Logan Cross was being nice. People were being nice. After six years of wishing that the bullying would cease just a bit, I now found the lack of name-calling, book throwing, tripping, and food throwing rather sad. I couldn't decide whether I was crazy or just plain weird for wanting yolk dripping from my school uniform.

All in two weeks.

By the way, I've avoided Logan Cross for two weeks. I don't know whether to be called an idiot, or rewarded with a big fat medal. It was hard avoiding him though. Incredibly hard. Yep. I want the medal.

He knew where I worked. He knew my locker location. My classes. It must be the perks of being a bodyguard. So whenever I tried to run, I had to do so quickly and steathily, like a cat. A black, ninja cat. Or a witch's cat. Those were freaking scary in the movies. They show up out of nowhere and watch you with their eyes.
Maybe Logan was a cat instead of me.

It was way harder on my way to and from school. I started this new thing that really freaked my old man where I would wake up two hours before my normal wake up time and arrive on the grounds of the large academy thirty minutes before anyone.

Literally; anyone.

My family aren't morning people. Actually, that's not true. My mother is, and unfortunately for my old man, he was the one who was forced to wake up at 5 a.m every morning.  

My brothers and me? Don't even try to get a "Good morning" out of us--it ain't happening.

After school hours ended, I hid in the bathroom for forty minutes before I walked home.

The lunchbell rang. Everyone around me scrambled to the door, chatting and laughing as they made their way towards the dining hall. Me? I booked it all the way to the roof. It was the one place Logan didn't try searching. I even asked his mom. She had replied that he had acrophobia, which was fear of heights.

Cross Academy was a seven floor building, eight if you count the roof. Ive always never counted the roof.  

As I silently tiptoed up the stairs, paranoid that someone could hear me, even though the seventh floor was normally empty except for the other social outcasts.

I pushed the metal door open. The medium, mediocre, dull, typical city located in the very north corner of Montana State was laid before me as I leaned over the edge. It was surprising to think that an international school was located in such an unknown place.

I breathed in the fresh air. My conscience reprimanded me for doing this the poor ruler of this academy. So what if he made you popular? So what if he destroyed your peace and quiet? He's only trying to protect you, Park, it whispered in my head.

"Shut up," I snapped out loud, the serenity of the roof shattered by my voice. Splendid. I've developed possible signs that I was going to go crazy.

I tried to defend myself from...myself? He had bullied me for six years, causing a lot of anger and resentment. If I had still liked him like I did when I first saw him, maybe I wouldn't be such a prick about the situation. But my Taylor Swift-like crush had evaporated. Kind of. Little things here and there did make my heart skip a beat. But that was just a princess being stupid.

At that moment, my boredom increased. So I did an incredibly risky thing and hopped onto the ledge and sat down, dangling my legs off the eighth floor of a very high academy.

Today had been the one exception to my crazy schedule. I lost track of time curling my wig so the only thing I brought was vitamin water. Two of it actually. Oops. I sighed at my choices before opening a bottle and pouring half the contents down my throat.