Mission:Impossible; Park Sparrow is secretly Ethan Hunt.

"Jasper is three years younger than me. However, it was never released to the press that my mother was pregnant for a third time. My mother didn't want to expose her child to this kind of world. After what happened with Archer..."

"Jasper was kept a secret. Except from the Court, and selective members of XYZ, our friends, and our distant family. No one in the social media knows that the boy who is supposed to be a distant cousin of the Sparrow clan is actually the third heir."

"Is that why--"

"Yes, that's why if any agents that are to get involved with the Royal Family, they take an oath, they sign the oath, and they vow to never speak a word unless given royal content. That means you."

I stole a fleeting look at Crossarply. I chuckled shakily, still not believing that I was about to tell him everything about my family. But he was my bodyguard, and someone--someone I could trust. And he needed to know in order to function in this family.

"I was ten," I began again. "Archer was thirteen at that time; Jasper was seven. As a treat, my father took Archer to a branch office of XYZ. My father used to be an agent himself, and Archer always loved that type of dark stuff. But a few days after they left, the palace received a phone call."

"My father and Archer had been under attack. I remember sitting by the fireplace, crossing my fingers and begging the world that my brother and father would come home alive."

"The next day, my mother received a call. The king and the young prince were alive," and I laughed bitterly at the words young prince. "There had been assassins stationed at XYZ, who attempted to kill my father and Archer. And one of them almost got close to killing my father. Archer had intervened, but he accidentally killed one of the assassins."

Logan's hand tensed in mine. Was he disgusted already? I knew some people that found out that piece of information and turned against us, calling us murderers and traitors. But Logan pulled me into his arms, stroking my hair back from my surprisingly wet face. Was I crying? When did this happen?

I sucked up my tears and continued on.

"The Court stripped Archer of his title because of what would happen if anyone were to ever find out that he killed somebody, accident or no accident. It could cause uproar in the kingdom, and result in wars to find someone who can sit on the throne. So I became the heiress while Archer took up agent duty. He hasn't been home since."

"Park, you don't have to keep telling me this--" he began, however I cut him off.

"No, I do. Another assassination attempt was executed the summer that I enrolled at Cross Academy. I had been at a party with my mother and father, being introduced as the new heiress when someone tried to sneak a bullet at me. Later that night, a sniper almost killed me but instead shot my brother's potted plant above me. My mother was furious. She contacted your mother to see if I could escape to Paradise and find safety there under the watchful eyes of the Sparrow's most trusted friends."

"And now the attempts are starting up again. They're always targeted at me, because if I die, assumably there is no longer an heir, meaning the throne would be offered up to a different clan."

"Is that why I was hired?" Logan asked.

"Yes," I sighed. "And who else but Caterina and Lance's only son, a prodigy and worthy guard? I guess I could call you my knight in shining armour," I joked half heartedly. "My parents were thinking of letting Jasper go public. He's the trump card. In case anything ever does happen to me, the enemy still wouldn't have won. They'll release Jasper to the public, telling everyone how they just wanted to keep him safe and under the radar. And the Sparrows will still have claim to the throne."