Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Jacob's P.O.V

I looked down at my paper then up at the teacher, yawning as she explained something about atoms and protons. A paper ball hit my head and landed on my desk. I turned to see who it came from and saw Alex grinning at me. I gave him a weird look then turned to read the note. It read: Blondie's got a crush on our sister. What's your opinion? Wait, who's blondie? Oh right, Andrew. So, my opinion? I thought about it then replied: That's cute. IDK, if she likes him back then they should totally get together. I smiled at my response, I can be such a girl sometimes.

When the teacher had her back turned, I threw the paper back at Alex and he caught it. I wasn't able to see his reaction because as soon as class was over, both him and Luce got up and bolted out of the classroom. Why were they in a rush? Oh yeah, school just ended. I walked out and saw the boys talking to a really cute girl. She looked kind of like Luce so I'm guessing that she is their sister. I walked over and smiled at her.

"Hello there." She smiled back. "I'm Jacob."

"Hi, I'm Evangeline." Her smile disappeared as she looked at me closely. She then looked down at my arm then back at my face. "My brothers beat you up, didn't they?"

"Uh, yeah..." She turned and glared at them. "But it's alright." I reassured with a smile. She relaxed but still looked uneasy.

"Yeah Eva, we're all buddies now." He put his arm over me and grinned. "Right Jakey?" I sighed and nodded. "See, no harm done." I got out from under his arm and stepped back.

"Well, nice meeting you Evangeline. I gotta go." She waved 'goodbye' and I walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I looked up at the sky. It was a mixture between the afternoon blue and the evening grey. It was actually kind of depressing so to prevent sad thoughts from entering my mind, I popped in my headphones and pressed play. To my surprise it was a song that I've never heard before.

I try but I can't seem to get myself to think of, anything, but you 

Your breath on my face your warm, gentle kiss I taste the truth, I taste the truth 

We know what I came here for 

So I won't ask for more

Wait, now I remember this song. Emily was singing it one day. Note to self, get back at Emily for touching my stuff. It's I wanna be with you by Mandy Moore.

I wanna be with you 

If only for a night 

To be the on who's in your arms to hold you tight 

I wanna be with you 

 I realized that I was biting my lip to stop myself from crying.

There's nothing more to say 

There's nothing else I want more than to feel this way 

I wanna be with you

I let some tears fall, because as if on queue the thought of Glen went through my head.

So I'll hold you tonight like I would if you were mine to hold forevermore 

And I'll savor each touch that I've wanted so much to feel before, to feel before