thirteen

the two drove in auston's car as the awkward silence filled the car

the two drove in auston's car as the awkward silence filled the car. kendall hid her voice, not wanting to make a conversation or ask the boy questions about picking jordyn over kendall.

kendall sighed as she couldn't hold in her voice anymore. "why didn't you tell me about her?" kendall asked with hurt in her voice as she waited for a simple question to be answered.

"i was going to tell you kenna, but i just kept on forgetting." he sighed and took a different route on the not so crowded highway.

"does she make you happy?" kendall asked another question and he bit his pink lip to stop him from smiling like a idiot.

"yes, she does make me happy. she's the only girl who could make my bad day turn into the greatest day ever." he said proudly and kendall's blue eyes softened at the statement he just said.

"i'm glad you're happy auston," kendall smiled weakly and laid her head on the seat, jordyn makes him happy and kendall could see that, how the loves shows in his eyes as he sees her, the way he talks about her and immediately smiles when someone speaks of her. maybe kendall wasn't the one for him.

•••

"where are we going? we've been on the same highway for about an hour." kendall asked as she turned down the music on the radio. "you'll see, were almost there." he flashed his bright smile and took a different route.

seconds later he turns on a bumpy road with massive oak trees covering the sides of the road, it felt familiar for kendall as if she's been here before.

the rain has cleared up and now the sun was out shining brightly as other people enjoyed the last days of summer.

"and we are here." auston said and pulled up to the same river and wooden dock they came to, "are we going to go swimming? because if we are then i-." kendall said but got cut off by auston.

"calm down kenna, we are going in the cabin." he said and a cabin appeared, she has never seen it before when they last came here but she shook it off by disagreeing with auston as the two got out the car.

"what? are you crazy! this is someone's cabin, we just can't go in a stranger's cabin!" she rambled on as she continued to follow auston.

"okay, first off this isn't any strangers cabin this is by buddies, and second stop being a wuss." he chuckled and opened the wooden door, her eyes went huge as she seen the cabin. it's so beautiful on the inside and the outside, anything you name it'll be there.

"nice huh?" he asked and tossed his car keys and the house key on the huge table, "and what exactly as we going to do?" kendall questioned as she had her arms crossed, looking at her belongings around her.

"i don't know, chill? let's play some scrabble," he said and picked up the boring board game that kendall had never played before.

he set it on the table and began to take out all the stuff, auston backed away from the table and turned to the vinyl player and began to play drake.

he turned it up, and started to do crazy dance moves which made kendall laugh as she shook her head, he took his hand out wanting kendall to dance with him.

she shook her head as she laughed but he pulled her off the chair as they began to dance and laugh together.

•••

"shit, i burnt the cookies!" auston exclaimed as he placed the hot tray of black chocolate chip cookies on the stove, kendall came to look at them and began to laugh at how black they were.

"do you wanna go back now?" auston asked as he began to shoot away the cookies. it was getting dark outside and they two were getting a bit tired.

"yeah, sure." kendall said and they both shut everything off, auston locked the front door and they both walked towards the car.

the night sky has fallen and stars began to fill the sky, kendall stopped and looked up at the stars with auston joining her.

"they're worth looking at," kendall whispered, still looking up at the sky, the moon reflecting off the calm water, some shooting stars going by but kendall nor auston couldn't catch to look at it.