twelve

kendall sat on her bed as night began to take over the city

kendall sat on her bed as night began to take over the city. she wasn't tired at all and couldn't bare to sleep, she just wanted to explore the new city with auston on her side but she knew deep down that's not going to happen.

she knew that steph wasn't going to hangout so she didn't bother to text her, kendall laid on her bed as music— from her phone, quietly played in the bedroom. august went by very fast and september was coming up which meant, kendall starting college and auston's birthday.

she picked up her phone and unlocked it. she went in her messages, her fingers on top of the keyboard as her old conversations with auston popped up. she rolled her eyes and tossed her phone down on the bed, she needed to get over him.

•••

kendall woke up the next morning as large raindrops hit the glass window of her room, she only got a bit of sleep but she was okay with that.

her phone chimed as the name popped up with the text and it was auston.

matts🍪
wanna hangout? jordyn had to go back home

kenna🌾
but it's raining

matts🍪
so? did rain ever stop you from hanging out with someone?

kenna🌾
no..

matts🍪
great! i'll pick you up in five

kendall groaned at the text he just sent. she agreed to herself that she would get over him but really, she's just getting herself into more trouble with the boy. she got out the covers of her messy bed and she pulled out clothes to wear out of her dresser.

grey joggers, a plain white shirt covered with her jacket. she brushed her brown hair and left it the way it was, kendall slipped on shoes then came out of her room.

kendall walked into the connected living room and kitchen as casey sat at the small kitchen table. the older sibling read the newspaper and had a coffee cup in her other hand.

"where are you off to?" casey asked as kendall sat in front of her. she bit her lip form blurting out the question she is dying to know.

"what do you feel when you're in love?" she blurted out and casey looked at her weird, casey coughed awkwardly before talking.

"well, first you feel like you've never found the perfect someone and you're so glad that you found them, it's like you die by not being by their side. you feel vulnerable for their love, it's like an addiction, you need them everyday and everynight. you just simply can't live without them." she finished off and looked at her younger sister for a response but she was too busy in her own little world.

but that's how kendall feels about auston.