nineteen

"what are you doing here?" casey asked and sat down at the small table

"what are you doing here?" casey asked and sat down at the small table. "i'm here for kendall, is she not here?" he asked and casey shook her head.

auston sat in front of her and sighed. "well, i should wait. do you mind?" auston asked and casey stood up, fixing herself a cup of coffee.

"not at all, so you guys are a thing?" she asked and auston shook his head with disappointment as casey sat down.

"sadly no, she wants to wait. so that's what i'm going to do." he said as he laid his arms on the table. "you must be really in love with her." casey chuckled at the boy who is madly in love with casey's younger sister.

"of course, she's my everything. but anyways, do you know where she went?" he questioned and casey shook her head, not wanting to ruin the surprise for auston.

casey pulled out her phone and started to text her sister, saying to come back to the apartment. "she just went to get tea at the café down the street so she should be here any minute." casey quickly lied and auston believed her.

"i need to ask you something." auston asked and casey placed her coffee cup on the table. "ask away." casey said as she waited for the boy's response.

"i know you're not the parent of kendall, but i want your permission for me to date her." he said and a smile grew on casey's slim face but he needed to know what she's capable of.

so, that's what casey did.

"she's the girl who looks down when you stare at her for a little too long, and turns away if you catch her looking. she's the girl whose hair gets a little knotted and whose smile isn't always real. she's the girl who cries herself to sleep sometimes and cares a little too much about what you say. but she's the same girl who laughs at all your jokes funny or not. the one who will love you with every inch of her flesh inside her. she's the girl who will watch the stars with you at night, and ask how your day was when you come home. she's the kind of girl you'll find asleep with a book in her hand at 3am, or the kind who leaves your sweatshirt smelling sweeter than before. she's the kind of girl who will give you her heart." casey breathed out but she had more to say.

"so please, handle with care." she finished and kendall barged into the front door of the apartment.

author's note:

andd that's a wrap for this book, thank you so much for the reads! it means a lot to me! but anyways, i hope you enjoyed reading the book! (just to clarify they do end up dating!)