Thanksgiving

By 0nyxcrescent

Sean's POV

"I said no. Dr. Roberts said no. The Academy. Said. No! This team is not assisting with the Thanksgiving Day food distribution this year. The Toma team has graciously offered to cover our neighborhood for us. The neighborhood knows and understands. In fact, the parents asked that you all stay away. They can't afford the flu this time of year, and they don't want to risk the kids getting sick. They love you guys, but it's the whole reason we've quarantined you from the event. If you haven't had it yet, you're going to get it. And those who have it now or have had it are still carriers. That's the last thing the Academy wants, one of it's teams causing a flu epidemic in the inner city." I glared at all my brothers, even those who could hardly stand because they were so sick. They shouldn't even be out of bed! It's the most irresponsible thing they've done recently.

To top it all off, I left my turkey in the oven without supervision in order to deal with this. Poor Owen had the flu so bad we've talked about hospitalizing him for a few days, but he seems to be over the worst of it now, though not out of the woods yet. I've demanded he stay in bed through this week-end. If he's not significantly better by then, he's still being carted off to the hospital. I'm not risking my family because of their pigheaded stubbornness. Which explains why I'm here, outside Uncle's dinner, lecturing seven of my brothers, at six in the morning, instead of at my condo curled up with pookie while I cook my first ever Thanksgiving dinner for my future wife.

Victor, Luke, North and Gabriel are the only other ones healthy enough to be up and about besides Sang and I. Except for Gabriel, they are supposed to be coming over for dinner at three this afternoon. It gives me plenty of time for Pookie cuddling. Nathan and Kota should both be at Kota's house being looked after by Mrs. Lee. But, instead, they are bleary eyed and looking a little green.

"We're fine," Nathan insists groggily.

"It's been a week since North and I have been sick. Surely we can help?" Luke pleads.

"Uncle will flip out if you walk in there and contaminate all of his food. He's band all of you from the dinner until next week. Nathan and Kota, longer." I glare at all of them. "Go home and get some more sleep. Diner will be ready about three this afternoon, if you are coming over. Nathan, Kota, I'm ordering you two to stay in bed this week-end. If not, I swear, I'll hospitalize both of you and no one is going to let either of you up then." I responded sternly, crossing my arms over my chest with a scowl. With a sigh, Kota and Nathan headed back to their car and drove off.

"Well?" I asked the five remaining brothers.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to hang out at your place until dinner. No one is at mine since Mother and George left for the Mediterranean two days ago. I can help you out if you need it then, too. That way Princess doesn't have to do anything today. I know she's still recovering." Victor's offer made sense, I didn't want Pookie helping me out and over exerting herself anymore than necessary. She's been over the flu for three days, but Nathan relapsed at this point in his initial recovery, and he's sicker now than he was before. I wasn't kidding about hospitalizing my brothers. I certainly don't want her to relapse, she's still fairly frail. Her weight is finally coming back up and she hasn't had an episode in a while with fainting or stomach pains ,but she's not quite where I want her health and weight wise. Though, she's come a long way this last year.

"Ok, meet me over there." I turn to Luke and North. "What about you two? Are you going back home for a while?" I asked the Taylor brothers.

"We'll come over and help too," Grunted North. Well, there goes my Pookie cuddle time. She'll want to hang out with the other guys if they're over. I don't blame her, juggling our time has been a struggle sometimes. And, I have been capitalizing on the fact she's been sick so I've commandeered time with her recently, while shutting out everyone else on the pretense it's for their health. I'm not going to apologize for it. Our time together alone is rare due to my work schedule.