Part 3-28: Ghostly Goodbyes

"Well are you?" A tear stained Devin is standing by me.

I turn to him, though I don't want to. "I, I ah..." I need him to go away. I don't feel right talking to him, that's part of the reason I walked away earlier.

"She told me about you." He kind of smiles, "Said if I was gay, she'd have set us up long ago."

That sounds like her.

"I think you were her best friend..." I hope not, she deserved a better best friend.

"Here." He digs into his pocket. "She told me to give this to Bambi." He holds his hand out to me.

I don't move.

He reaches over, grabs my hands, and places whatever it is inside. "We should talk sometime." A tear fall from his cheek, "Sorry," He wipes it away before walking off, back to his friends and family. The family I was supposed to meet.

***

Fiona's" sitting across from me chewing on an apple while I stare down a glass of water. It's harder to focus on solid air when the girl sitting across from me is humming Christmas carols nonstop.

I break my stare long enough to address her. "Can you stop?"

"Fa la la la," She smiles, "Fa la la la."

"Fuck you." I'm not in the mood. I really thought I'd be dead by now. I was convinced swallowing the whole bottle would work.

"Oh Bambi," She puts her half eaten apple on the table. "I thought you were gay."

I let out a deep breath before reaching for the water.

"You need some eatnog." She says like it's a fact.

"I hate that crap."

"You hate the calories."

I stare at the floor. "Shut up."

She laughs, at first it's soft, but it turns to manic.

"Calm down." If she doesn't stop they'll restrain her. "Seriously."

"Sorry," She's still laughing.

People are starting to stare. "Fi..."

"Sorry," She starts to calm down a bit. "It's just, my brother," She looks me in the eyes, "You're acting like him.

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Nothing to be sorry for Bambi." She's stopped laughing.

"Okay." I sip the water.

"You should meet him."

"Who?"

"My brother."

I smirk. I don't work well with brothers.

"And everyone else."

"What?"

"My family, duh. Bambi, have you been listening? If we're going to get marriage you should at least meet my family first."

I lean in closer to the strange girl. "You know I'm gay right."

She rolls her eyes, "Sometimes, Bambi, sometimes..."

"Whatever." My eyes land on Fi's half eaten apple that lies on the table between us. I want it, but I can't. I can however, stare at it like it's the two trains are traveling opposite directions one is traveling east at forty-six miles an hour and the other is traveling west at seventy-four miles an hour, when will they meet? question.