Chapter 12

And that's just what Harry did. He waited. For two months. And Jess really appreciated it. Everyone knew what was going on between them, but everyone just let them have their space, Harry was attentive and patient and Jess slowly let him get closer and closer, letting go of Jack piece by piece. They never argued, and they spent most of their free time together. One thing they were always careful of, was not to be seen out in public together, infact Jess was hardly ever seen out with any of the boys, but she was slowly letting down her guard. There had been so sight of Jack nor had he tried to get in contact with her, Zayn found out however, that when little mix, the band Zayns girlfriend Perrie Edwards was in, were approached by the same company that had the Pepsi contract which is where Jess met the boys, Jack was no longer the Contract development officer, which was his position when he found One Direction, and upon further investigation by Zayn, he infact no longer worked there. This gave Jess a great piece of mind, as she thought maybe he had gone home and got the help that he needed, so that no girl had to suffer the same fate as her.

It was the last show before the Christmas break, and Jess was busy back stage arranging the boys various costume changes on the rail, Lou had popped in earlier, but her daughter, Lux wasn't very well so she had put Jess in charge as she knew where everything was and had done it a hundred times, not that lou had been particularly happy about it. She had pinched one of the sound crew to help her out, George, who was not to impressed with his sudden career change and had kicked up an almighty fuss, but Jess quickly won him round with a quick kiss and a promise of a beer at the Christmas party. She failed to tell him however that the drinks were already provided and she would merely just carry it from one place to another.

"georgy boy" she pouted, whilst he rolled his big brown eyes at her "will you come with me tonight?"

"why are you not taking styles?" he replied.

"the boys have got some interview before it, and I want to enjoy the night, not turn up late"

"you know what Patch, you are the only one of the crew that get this preferential treatment from the boys, you must give amazing head"

Jess nearly spat out the orange juice she had taken a swig from, and just glared at him "for that georgy boy, you can help dress Zayn"

He threw down the t shirt he had been folding and frowned at her, Jess just laughed, none of the team like helping Zayn for the costume change, he was a nightmare and took twice as many people to help him, including one of the hair styling team, just to spray his hair one last time to make sure the other three cans of hairspray he used hadn't failed at their job and a hair hadn't strayed from the rest of his head.

The after party was fancy dress 'American' theme. Jess actually had failed to make a costume, or even buy one, so she had raided Niall's wardrobe the day before and found an American style oversized t-shirt, which she paired with hot pants you couldn't see under the shirt, some knee high socks and white vans. She pulled her hair into pigtails and painted on some red lipstick, with glitter high on her cheek bones. When she looked in the mirror she couldn't tell what she was supposed to be, so decided to tell everyone she was a cheer leader. Since she had first met the boys, she had filled out, the once boylike figure now was framed with curves and her face had filled out, she just looked alot healthier and couldn't help but admire the smile on her face, it wasn't forced it was very genuine. He phone rang in her bag, LOUIS flashing across the screen, it had initially been quite awkward with Louis after their night together, Louis was quite open with eleanor, and had told her what had happened in a passing conversation, Eleanor had apparently not taken it very well, not that Jess particularly blamed her, he did sleep in another bed with someone else, not that it hadn't happened since, it just became her and Louis little secret when it did happen, Louis just brought so much happiness into her life, she selfishly didn't want to give him up, even though she knew it upset Eleanor.