Chapter 6

Jess glanced at her watch, it was 18:45. She was stood outside a large black tour bus alone. She looked up at the sky, tracing an outline of a dark cloud with her eyes. Liam had pretty much left her to herself after she had turned up at his door. She just sat on his bed taking in the enormity of what she had just done while Liam pattered around his room, throwing his stuff into a bag. Jess was nervous about telling the rest of the boys that she was actually coming on tour with them. On paper, she knew it would be ok, after all they had invited her, but in reality she couldn't shake the image of Niall and Zayn, staring at her in shock.

As promised, Liam had taken Jess into town, both of them wearing a Beanie and sunglasses, Jess tucking her hair into her hat, she wanted to avoid any of Jacks friends seeing her, or even Jack himself. Liam just generally wanted to avoid detection generally.

"What phone do you want Jess?" He asked, looking at the wall full of phones.

Jess raised her eyebrows at his addressing of her "Jess?" she questioned.

"Sorry, don't you like being called that? I didn't think... my friends called Jess at home, that's what we..."

Jess gave him a playful slap "no, it's not that, my Dad used to call me that"

"You can always call them you know"

Jess shook her head, she had burnt all the bridges with her family and she knew it "You can call me Jess, I like it"

Liam smiled and pulled her into a tight hug, making his way to the counter, he started talking quietly to the saleswoman, she started giggling intently and went into the back, bringing out a phone and some paper work, which he quickly signed and placed his card into the reader...

"What are you doing?" Jess enquired as Liam Passed her the phone.

"You need a phone there it is"

"Liam you can't buy me an I Phone! I was thinking more of a cheap one until i got paid, im not sponging off you, I don't want to take it, ta..." she was cut off by Liam covering her mouth with his hand and looking her in the eyes. She registered the look he was giving her as the 'as if I can't afford it look'. Jess sighed admitting defeat, indicating Liam could let his hand go "thankyou Liam"

And now here she was, suitcase packed, pass hung around her neck, ready to embark on the one direction world tour. Leaving behind her life, and therefore getting hers back, if she kept telling herself that, she wouldn't panic so much. It was Liam who approached her first, still wearing the same outfit as earlier where as Jess had changed into a 60s style short dress with a high collar and tights, mainly to hide the cuts and bruises from last night's attack.

"Jess you look amazing" he said kissing her on the cheek "why are you waiting out here, its freezing!"

"I was just looking at the sky" She answered "anyway, I didn't want to interrupt what you guys were doing"

"Jess we need to get one thing straight before we start this tour, you-are-not-intruding!" Liam said, emphasising the last part "You are part of the tour, your working on it, not coming on a freebie, although that would be ok aswell" he pulled her into a tight embrace again "you're so brave Jess, you're going to be safe with us"

"I hope so Li, because if he finds me, He will kill me"

Liam just held her there, stroking the back of her hair, she shivered slightly as she thought of Jack catching up with her, but he just held her tighter, she had no idea how long they held each other like that for, but she was brought back to earth by the sound of someone clearing their throat behind her, she turned around to see Niall, Zayn and Louis.

"Are we interrupting anything?" he asked throwing his suitcase into the side of the bus.

"shut up, Lou" Liam said, letting Jess go.

"Harry's not going to like this" Zayn said pointing his finger between both Jess and Liam and swishing it back and forward "he's already sulking"

"Why what's wrong with him now?" Liam asked, lifting up his own suitcase, then repeating the notion with Jesss.

"He thinks you stole his limelight with Jess" Niall answered.

"and now, he's refusing to come out of the hotel" Louis finished "fancy going into get him love?"

"Why me?" Jess asked "he's not going to listen to me..."

"Please Jess, Just go and talk to him"

Jess rolled her eyes, and started strutting towards the hotel; Liam had told her earlier that Harry had been a little offish with him when he had told him about Jess joining the tour and she didn't blame him. Harry had only been trying to help her from day one, she owed alot to Harry styles. If it wasn't for him, she would still be lost with Jack, fighting for survival every day, and now she was going on tour with one direction. Harry (with the help from his partner in crime Louis Tomlinson) had organised this so that she could get away from him and so she could have the safety of their security. He had thought it all out, he had planned it all in his curly little head, and all she did was throw it back in his face.

She found Harry sitting in the foyer with his suitcase next to him, tapping away ferociously on his phone.

"I can't use mine "Jess said, breaking Harry's concentration "I have no idea what all the buttons do"

Harry didn't look up from his phone "you'll get used to it"

Jess didn't reply, she stood behind Harry and wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into the top of his hair. He reached up and placed his hand on her arm, tracing circles into her skin. "thankyou Harry Styles, for all this, but I need you to know something?"

Harry broke out of her grip and stood out of his chair, knocking his suitcase over and causing Jess to jump instinctively looking around, before relaxing again to Harry's touch as he reached up to touch her cheek "what is it?"

"If he finds me, I will not put you or anyone else in danger, this is still my fight"

"he's not going to find you Jess" Harry said "that's why me and Louis organised this so he can't find you"

"You don't know him like I do, this is going to hurt him, and he's going to want to hurt someone for it Harry"

"He's not coming anywhere near you I promise" Harry said, kissing Jess on the cheek "now come on, lets get this show on the road"