| 7 |

| Olivia |

It was dark again. For the millionth time, since I've been here, I couldn't sleep right. Things went through my mind. Those things were visions of my dad, and the horrendous stuff he did.
What would happen if he hurt my new family?

I wouldn't let it happen. The wind broke the silence again, and I swore I hears footsteps outside. I tried not to let my thoughts take over. But they did.

I quickly hide behind the chair, unable to control my breathing. I was so scared, too scared in fact.
I decided I was safe a few minutes later after the steps stopped. I crawled out from the chair.

Bad mistake. I blacked out, a hard, knocking pain rushing to my head.

"OLIVIA!"

My eyes slowly opened. I gazed around, a sharp, aching pain coming from various parts of my body. Apart from that, my head had excruciating pain.

"OH OLIVIA.." Elisabeth cried out. I had just realized I was laying on the floor with Elisabeth and Patrick towering over me. I rub my head, struggling to sit up. "Where am I?"

"You're home. Don't worry, an ambulance is coming." Patrick's voice cracked with worry.

"Why an ambulance?"

"You don't know what happened last night?" Elisabeth glares at me.

"N-No," I sniff before adding; "I remember being knocked out."

Patrick's gaze went from sorrowful to angry in a second. "I bet you it was her dumb father," he growled, turning to Elisa.

Elisa only shrugged. "She could've fell and-"

"FELL?" Patrick screamed. "THOSE RED MARKS DON'T LOOK LIKE SHE FELL TO ME. IT'S VERY CLEAR SOMEONE SLAPPED HER." He didn't give anyone a chance to speak. "ALSO, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN HER BLACK EYE?"

"Look-" Elisabeth started. Patrick only stormed out, blocking out every word everyone said before slamming the door.

Elisabeth blinked, turning to me with sympathetic eyes. "He gets real mad sometimes, but he'll cool off." Before I could open my mouth to reply, the cops came into the house. They were surrounding me and Elisabeth, asking her question about me.
Elisabeth only responded with what she did know, and nothing she assumed.

"She was surely beaten," One observed. "Did the father do this?"

Elisabeth shook her head. "Not my husband, but James Morten." It surprised me how she was just arguing with Patrick over this, and now she's agreeing.

The cop raised a brow, then spoke to the other cops. He turned back to Patrick's wife.
"We will be on the look out for him. For now," he looked at me. "We will take care of her, before we surely know he's dead."

Patrick came from the room, his eyes red as if he's been crying, which he was. He wiped his eyes, staring at me.
I exchange the look with Patrick, my mind wavering in blurs as I made an attempt to keep our gaze locked. This was broken when the people on the ambulance came and took me away. I barely saw Patrick nor Elisa wave good-bye to me.

Short chapter, but I've been procrastinating to update this. Loooool.