| 17 |

| Patrick's POV |

Today felt like the longest day of my entire life. I had just finished performing at the Chicago show, and I was impatient to see my daughter. Elisabeth told me they'd go to see the concert, but I didn't see them anywhere in the crowd.

I yanked off my hat and wiped my sweaty forehead after entering the dressing room. The boys came in after me, beginning to change out of their sweaty clothes. Quickly, I changed into something and darted out the door, scanning around for my family.

"Elisa? Olivia?" I called, more eager than anything.
No reply. My heart sank, thinking about the possibilities of them not making it. Shaking out the thought, I walked outside.

Huge mistake.

Tons of fangirls began to scream and cry, racing towards me. One even threw their arms around me so rough that I fell against the wall, which made me extremely irritated and upset, though I didn't quite show it.
"PATRICK YOU'RE SO CUTE I LOVE YOU," one chirped, all the girls crowding me.

I was highly uncomfortable, but I almost almost too nice to ask them to stop. Instead, I smiled at them anxiously. "H-Hi, girls... I'm in a... a rush here and—"

"Can we get some photos?" one asked excitedly.
I sigh, unable to turn down everyone's request. I wanted to. My family, Olivia and Elisabeth were out there somewhere with me.
I began to sign all the items the girls wanted me to and they took selfies with me.

Then, I gave them a final, wonky smile before rushing back inside. I knew never to do that again after what happened there. I slowly began to walk to the stage, peeking out and spotting people leave the area. My eyes were darting around for a caramel haired woman and a brown haired girl, but no luck came to me.

For the first time since I thought Olivia was dead, I felt like crying. I fought back the tears, urging myself to keep looking. They have to be here. My back was still sore from when the girls shoved me into a wall; all of me felt like shit right now.

I paced down the stage after I'm sure everyone left, glancing around more. Then, I began to walk outside again, really not caring what were to happen this time. I honestly only wanted to see my girls.

There was hardly anyone out here, thank God, but still no sign of my family. I gazed around more and more desperately. Soon, I was defeated and deflated on the bench, almost ready to let my emotions run free down my cheeks.

"Patrick?" A familiar voice called.

I turned around, surprised. "Yeah, Joe?"

"What are you doing out here?" Joe asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." I reply softly.

"Well, Elisa and your daughter are looking for you," Joe responded. "Sitting out here on the bench isn't doing any good, ya know."

I sat up so fast that my vision blurred for a second. "Where?"

"Backstage by the door," Joe snorted. "They've been waiting."

"Holy shit!" I exclaim. "I was just there!"

"Apparently not." Joe grinned. "Now come inside."

Me and Joe ran inside. I rushed ahead of him like a bullet when I got inside, directing myself straight towards the backstage door. I stopped around the corner, immediately meeting eyes with my wife.

My eyes scanned down her body, and the first thing I noticed is that her tummy was growing bigger. My gaze switched to Olivia, my precious, sweet daughter. "My girls..." I breathe.

Olivia ran up to me first, flinging her arms around me and sobbing. Elisabeth came to me next, wrapping her arms around me as well, but more gently.

I put both arms around the two of them, letting go of my tears. "I couldn't find you guys..."

"Nor could we," Elisa muttered, in tears as well. "Olivia was cheering the whole show."

"You guys did watch!" I exclaim, smiling a toothy grin. I turn to Olivia, my heart melting for her. "My precious daughter..."

Olivia looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes, her freckles matching in with her luscious brown hair. A smile appeared on her face, one I haven't seen in a long time. I look at Elisa next, taking in her beautiful, caramel-brown hair, her freckles and blue eyes as well. I wondered if our new baby would have freckles, then it would be a freckle family. I didn't have freckles like Olivia or Elisabeth did, but it sure looked good on them.

I stepped forwards and lifted up my wife's chin lovingly, pulling her into a gentle kiss.
Olivia tilted her head and watch, seconds later shaking her head and sticking out her tongue.

Elisa pulled away with a grin. "You'll understand later."

Olivia just laughed, flinging her arms around the both of us. My day couldn't get any better... being with my healthy daughter and wife. Life was perfect.

*
Olivia's POV
*

I remember being bullied for wearing what I liked... my dad abusing the hell out of me.

Was 14 years of that worth having a better family?— to be happy?— to be healthy? Yes.

The day I met Patrick Stump, I felt like I was dreaming. The singer from my favorite band offered to help me with my problems, but it was until later he knew the truth about my 'father'. Both him and Elisabeth went through all this trouble to help a once poor soul like me.

My emo phase isn't anymore. I quit wearing that crappy eyeliner I wore inspired by Pete Wentz. I still wore a beanie, but not the one I bought before Patrick gave me a new one. I was happy now... better than I ever thought I'd be in the 14 years of my life.

Now here I am, hugging the crap out of Patrick and Elisa— or mom and dad— healthy as ever. I almost died in the hospital, or so I thought. Instead, all of that was me being in a coma. Finding out I'm having a baby brother? I'm in an actual family now.

I wouldn't even dare to call James Morten my dad; Patrick is my dad. I'm not a Morten anymore... but a Stumph.