final.

2 years later

"Declan!"

Declan turned around, tilting his small head. "Oliwah!" The small toddler slid off of his dad's lap.

Olivia giggled, letting her brother run into her arms. "Look what we got!"

Patrick looked up from the couch after he saw that Olivia and his wife had returned home. A big smile smeared across his face.
Elisa came out of the front door with a box, gently placing it on the door.

Declan crawled over to it in shock. "What is that, mommy?"

Olivia was now 16. Her baby brother, Declan was now 2 since his birthday is today.

Elisabeth smiled at her son. "A box."

"Can I open it?" Declan squeaked.

Patrick crawled on the floor beside him, laying down on his stomach and staring at the box.

"Yeah, Dec! It's for you." Elisa smiled.

Declan stood up and opened the flaps to the box, then smiled big. "ITS A PUPPY!"

Olivia and Patrick peered over the box. Olivia was proud of her choice at the pound. A small little Pomeranian no bigger than the size of your hand. The dog blinked up and yipped, her little tongue rolling out.

Elisabeth carefully picked up the puppy and placed it gently on the ground in front of Declan. "Be careful with her, Declan. What will you name her?"

Patrick looked like he was dying of cuteness, which me and mom did early at the pound. Declan pet the puppy gently, squirming with excitement. "Penny! 'Cuz her fur is red!"

"That's a cute name..." Olivia whispered, everyone grunting agreement after.

Declan picked up the puppy, who yipped again and began to lick the heck out of Declan's face. "Thank chu mommy and Oliwah!"

"And daddy," Patrick pouted.

"And daddy!" Declan set down Penny and hugged Patrick tight.

Olivia gently began to pet Penny, looking at the small puppy gaze around, intrigued.
Elisabeth gave Patrick the signal, which Olivia just as well knew what that meant. Patrick stood up and walked to the kitchen, leaving the three with the puppy alone. Seconds later, he came back with a cake, smiling big. "Happy birthday to you..." he began.

Olivia and Elisabeth joined in on the singing and Penny began to spin in a few circles and bark happily.

"... happy birthday to you...!"

Declan's bright blue eyes were shining with joy. Patrick set the cake on the table, where the others crowded around by. He put Declan on his lap high enough so he could see the cake. "Make a wish, Declan!"

Declan closed his eyes for a second, then sat up higher and blew out the two candles with a few tries. Everyone began to clap.

Olivia was happier than ever— this was her family. Declan was her brother, Elisa her mother, Patrick her father, and Penny her puppy. This is the Stumphs.