Part Ten

-John-

When Sherlock actually sleeps, he's rather adorable. The complete opposite of how he was adorable when awake. When he's awake, he's the grumpy, moody kind of adorable. When he's asleep, he's the sweet, innocent kind of adorable.

We're on the train home now and Lestrade is sat across from us, looking a bit confused as to why Sherlock's just collapsed into a deep sleep and has his cheek pressed against my shoulder. He looks a bit uncomfortable, actually.

What was originally me shifting to make him more comfortable ends with me wrapping an arm around the sleeping man. Lestrade seems to understand because he makes a vague noise of understanding before ducking his head and go in back to the laptop that rest on his lap.

I say nothing and just smile, pulling Sherlock just a bit closer. God knows that the man needed sleep (and not only because I kept him up last night).

That thought has me smiling wider. This holiday has definitely been unique. He battled a monstrous hound and had the biggest argument we've had yet and we done.. lots of naughty things and we've become boyfriends - a term which Sherlock has informed me that he hates so I plan to use it often.

The journey was draining and I think I might have nodded off myself a few times. In the end though, I was shaking Sherlock awake as Lestrade nodded his thanks and farewell before exiting the carriage.

A groggy Sherlock and I retrieved our luggage and got the first cab back to Baker Street.

The moment we got through the door, Sherlock pushes me against the living room wall and gives me a long, hard kiss. I'm panting by the time we pull apart and with a smirk, I push our foreheads together as I look into his eyes.

I've never seen him look happier and his smile is absolutely gorgeous.

"Well, I think this has certainly been my favourite case. Ever." I say.

Sherlock starts laughing and, unable to stop myself, I join him.