Part Five

-John-

I glance over at Sherlock, he's driving, and he seems to glance over at the same time. There's an awkward moment where we sort of smile at each other then look away.

Jesus, I could cut the tension in this car with a knife.

Last Night.. Well, last night I realised I am definitely attracted to Sherlock and I certainly have more then friendly feelings towards him. He clearly does too. I mean he wouldn't react like that and be the one to start the kiss if he didn't feel something. Right?

I need to stop thinking about this. I- We- need to focus.

"So, the email from Kristy? The missing luminous rabbit.." I speak, breaking the awkward silence.

"Kristy Stapleton, whose mother specialised in genetic manipulation" Sherlock adds

"She made her daughters rabbit glow in the dark?" It's amazing really, when you think about it. But also sick, it was her daughters pet after all.

"Probably a fluorescent gene. Removed and spliced into the specimen. Simple enough these days" The tension seems to have died down now, we're both relaxing a bit. That's good.

"So.." It's almost a question when I speak, waiting for Sherlock to explain why it's all relative to the case.

"So we know that Doctor Stapleton performs secret genetic experiments on animals. The question is has she been working non something deadlier then a rabbit?" I'm surprised by his tone, usually he'd sound undermining when he had to explain things to me

"To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The conversation doesn't continue after that and I go back to look out the window.

"Sherlock?-" I start but am quickly cut off by Sherlock.

"John, we're on a case. We'll discuss.. things after" He's looking straight ahead as he says it and I do the same after giving a single nod.

After the case. We'd talk then.