Found My Alpha

Chapter 1

Emma

Huff, puff. My breathing was labored and rapid. There was a pain in my abdomen, stinging fiercely.

I was running, that much I knew. It was dark as I sprinted through a forest. I could hear heavy foot falls pounding the ground behind me in hot pursuit. With a quick glance over my shoulder, I saw a face too grotesque to describe.

The creature lunged at me, snapping at my heals, but I was able to to speed up and get ahead.

I nearly forgot the screaming pain in my side as I wound through the throng of trees. When I finally felt that I was far enough ahead and had lost the creature, I sat down against a tree to recuperate for a few minutes.

Crack!

My head shot up just in time to see the monster leap from the shrubbery. Straight at me.

My eyes snapped open and I let my breathing regulate. I rolled out of the bunk bed and silently and checked to make sure that I hadn't woken Will, I headed outside, wanting some air. When I saw that he was sound asleep and snoring, I walked out of the room. Once I stood on the deck outside, I slumped into a wooden chair. It was the third week of summer and my dad had offered to bring me and a friend camping for my birthday. I of course chose my best friend, since the second grade, Will Oakley. Dad had brought us to a camp ground that had cabins, a pool, basketball courts, and a huge forest surrounding it- so much for ruffing it out in the wild woods.

Sighing, I listened to the night sounds. I drifted off for several minutes, until I heard a low growl. My eyes flung open and when I saw what the source was, I nearly ruined my pants.

A wolf with dark brown fur cacked with mud stood no less than a foot from me. It's green eyes were piercing and filled with hate. I had to get away, but it was closer to the door than I was, so slowly I got out of the chair and stupidly ran towards the woods.

I thought I had out run the wolf after being chased about half of a mile, but I had spoken too soon. The wolf jumped at me and raked its claws across my back, breaking the skin. I yelped in pain and fell to the ground. The wolf towered over me. And just as it leaned down for the kill, a dark shape rammed into it. I sat up slightly and watched as the new wolf with a black, almost blue coat, take down my attacker.

Once the brown wolf was dead, the black one slowly crept towards me and then laid down next to my legs. I thought that I recognized its sparkling, almost glowing, grey-yellow eyes, but my vision started to turn black and I fell back to the ground, losing all consciousness.

Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad. I hope you liked it. I will try to update at least two times a week. The picture is what Emma looks like.

-inarac