Chapter Twelve

Emma

     Then we heard the howls. Will and I glanced at each other, then took off in the direction they came from.

     Through Will's mind link with whom ever was shifted at the moment, I saw two brown wolves slowly circling each other, their stances not so playful.

     We arrived at the scene and shifted behind the trees, putting on our clothes, quickly. One wolf growled, then leaped at the other.

     That was when Will stepped in.

     His grey eyes were glowing with their golden tint, and they held an authoritative, and angry shade.

    "What's going on here?" Will's voice was filled with authority and anger.

     The two wolves instantly backed apart upon hearing their Alpha.

     "I asked a question," he stated when he didn't get an answer. One of the wolves whimpered and muttered something through the mind link that i couldn't make out. A smirk appeared on Will's face and he slightly nodded once and grunted quietly.

     "And so," he said, voice loud and clear, "You just happened to assume that I wouldn't find out about this- this little disagreement? Matthias, even if I was on a different continent tracking something, even if I was at Death's doorstep, I would have been contacted and I would have done something about it." I was really confused now because I didn't have a clue as to what was happening.

     "Gamma Peter," Will called, his eyes still on the wolf, Matthias, "Please take Matthias here to the basement."

       "Yes, sir," came the response.

      "No food or water," Will added as we watched Peter pick up the wolf, "Five days."

     Five days? Now I really wanted to know what happened. I knew humans could not last so long without food or water, but then again they were werewolves- no we were werewolves and I wasn't so sure we could last.

     "Somebody, check up on Isaia," Will ordered and a few people rushed forward to the other wolf who didn't look in such a horrible condition. "Everybody, back to whatever you were doing."

     I followed Will through the woods, back to the Pack house, and into his office. He sat down in the chair behind the desk and I closed the door and leaned on it.

     "Okay," I pushed off the door, "What the heck just happened back there?"

     Will sighed, then spoke in a quiet voice, "Beliefs, rumors, and what one thinks do not valiadate someone to be able to attack one of their own pack members."

     "What?"

     "Matthias believed that Isaia was a traitor to the pack and was spying for the West pack, so he decided to attack to get rid of the problem. I do not know what his logic was, or what he was thinking, but i do know that it was out the window."

     "What are you going to do with him? Matthias I mean."

     "Put him in his place, make sure he knows his part in this pack," he responded without hesitation.

     "And if Isaia is a traitor?" I inquired.

     "Exile," Will responded with finality.

Hey. Look i know it's not much, but Idid this in like 20 minutes. Comments=motivation Motivaton=faster updates. Thanks. Not edited

-inarac              12-31-14