A New Beginning

Later that evening, Poppy worked on the last of the invitations for the 20th anniversary celebration. She even made a special one for Branch, even though it was highly unlikely he would change his mind. But Poppy refused to lose hope.

“If you hope for something hard enough, you'll surely get that something," said her great-great-grandfather, King Moss. Poppy always lived by his word, and she vowed she always would.

“Add some glitter, and... Done!" Poppy said, finishing Branch's invitation. “He has to come this time. He'll have fun, and so will Flower."

Poppy's thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking at the door. Poppy cleaned up her desk and went to see who was there.

“Poppy!" Satin and Chenille exclaimed as they hugged the princess. The rest of the Snack Pack followed them in.

“Hey, guys!" Poppy greeted cheerfully. “What are you doing here?"

“We hardly see you anymore since you had the baby," Guy Diamond answered. “We decided to come see you!"

“Guy, we see her plenty," Satin objected. “We want to help prepared for tomorrow's party."

“And that starts with outfits for baby Flower!" Chenille added. “Where is she?"

“She's in her room, but..." Poppy tried to explain, but the fashion twins dashed off to the baby's room immediately.

“But what?" Cooper asked.

“I'm not entirely sure if Flower's gonna be coming after all," Poppy replied.

“Why wouldn't she be?" DJ Suki asked, confused about why Poppy would change her mind.

“Well, she's only six months old, and a big party could make her uneasy," Poppy answered, which was only a half-truth.

“Mr. and Mrs. Sycamore are bringing Keith, and he's only three months," Biggie pointed out.

“How's Flower any different?" Smidge asked.

“Well, she's... uh..." Poppy stammered.

“Poppy?" Creek interrupted. “I think it's time you've told them."

“Do I have to?" Poppy argued.

“Tell us what?" Guy Diamond asked.

Poppy looked around at her group of friends. She realized that they deserved to know.

“Okay, I'll tell you," Poppy sighed. “Satin, Chenille, can you come out here, please?"

The twins returned to the living room with Flower, who was wearing a frilly purple dress, in Satin's arms.

“Doesn't she look adorable?" Chenille asked.

“Yeah, but you might want to reconsider," Poppy replied. “You see, I made an arrangement that Flower would stay with someone else while I threw parties."

“So, you lied to us?" DJ Suki asked.

“No, I just thought I could make an exception this time," Poppy continued. “But I was wrong. When he found out, he wouldn't allow it and it went downhill from there."