Fears, Symptoms, And Results

After throwing up from the sweet smell of a cupcake, Biggie told Poppy she might not really be sick. That she could be pre... It was too scary to even think about it. Hoping he was wrong, Poppy decided to see her doctor about this.

“Poppy to see Dr. Plum Plimsy?" she asked the receptionist. “I don't have an appointment, but it's kinda urgent."

“Please have a seat," the receptionist said.

Poppy took a seat next to Carla, who held a baby in her arms.

“Aw, he looks just like you!" Poppy said, not thinking. Carla gave her a look.

“Oh, he's your​ brother," Poppy muttered. Carla nodded. “I'm sorry, Carla. It's just... I feel like an idiot right now. I did something stupid and thought I could pretend it never happened. Instead, I might be... Well, maybe I wasn't thinking about it when it happened. Still, I feel like some sort of reckless teenager. No offense."

Carla just shrugged.

“But I don't think I'm ready for this," Poppy continued. “I could try to raise it on my own, but I don't want him to know. I don't even want anyone to know it was him. This whole thing worries me. I'm having a baby, and the father is hated by everyone. And I'm pretty sure he hates everyone... including me."

Carla knew exactly what she was talking about.

“Princess Poppy?" the receptionist said. “Dr. Plimsy will see you now."

Poppy entered her doctor's office and explained to her doctor about Biggie's suspicions.

“What made him believe you're pregnant?" she asked.

Poppy shuddered at the word. “I wouldn't eat his pastries, but I ate Cooper's. And normally, they disgust me."

“I see," Dr. Plum muttered. “Any symptoms besides cravings and morning sickness?"

“Well, I almost passed out on the way here, and I think I just got emotional. I didn't cry, but I got upset about the father. If he is a father."

Plum wrote all this down.

“I'm going to need you to take a blood test, and if you are pregnant, I won't ask who the father is," she explained. “If you don't want to tell me, I don't have to know."

“Thank you," Poppy sighed.

After fifteen minutes, which felt like forever, Dr. Plimsy finally returned with a book.

“Princess Poppy, your blood test came out positive, you are officially pregnant. Take this."

She gave the anxious young mother the book, What To Expect When You're Expecting, and said, “I will see you in six weeks."

Poppy left the hospital with the book tucked away in her hair. She saw Carla waiting for her outside, looking at her questioningly. Poppy just rushed home, not wanting to talk about it.

Poppy went inside her house and made sure no one was in there. She didn't want to tell anyone. Her father and friends would probably support her, they knew she wasn't perfect. But if she told them, they'd ask her a bunch of questions. Questions like, “When are you due?" “Is it a boy or a girl?" But the one that worried her the most....

“Who's the father?"

Ironically, Anna Kendrick was in a movie called What To Expect When You're Expecting. Kinda weird to make a movie based off a pregnancy guide, though. But I think it's how she got to star in Pitch Perfect. Thank you, Elizabeth Banks.

Until next time.