Memories

Poppy and Flower stayed at the hospital for two more days until Dr. Plum said it was okay to leave. Poppy couldn't wait to show her new baby around the village.

“Remember, if there is anything wrong, come straight to me," Plum told her.

“Thank you, Dr. Plum," Poppy replied. She was moved out of her bed and into a wheelchair with Flower in her arms.

“Nurse, please send the princesses to the lobby," Dr. Plimsy said.

“Yes, doctor," the nurse replied, and pushed the wheelchair out of the room.

King Peppy was sitting in the lobby and saw Poppy come out with his grandchild in her arms.

“Poppy!" he exclaimed as he ran up to his daughter.

“Hi, Dad," Poppy said as her father wrapped his arms around her.

“How are you feeling?" the aging Troll King asked.

“Much better now that I can go home," Poppy replied. “Also, I want to thank you for supporting me."

“Of course, Poppy!" King Peppy said as he pushed Poppy out of the hospital pod. “And I think you're going to be a wonderful mother."

“Thanks, Dad," Poppy said.

“And may I also say... I know it was Branch, Poppy."

Poppy's eyes widened as the words came back to her.

“How did you know?" she asked nervously. King Peppy took his granddaughter and held her close.

“His parents were two of my dearest friends, and they asked me to be there for his birth," he explained. “And until you came along, he was the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. And Flower here, she looks exactly like him. Of course, his eyes were blue, but the rest of his colors are all here."

Peppy handed the baby back to her mother and she took a better look at her. Aside from her fuchsia pink irises, Flower did look different from Poppy, but was this really what her father used to look like?

“I never would've guessed," Poppy said softly. “How did Branch lose his colors?"

“We don't speak of how he lost them," King Peppy replied. “But it happened shortly before you were born. Afterwards, he just... wasn't the same. As if a part of him had died."

Poppy looked down at the sleeping infant and mentally prayed that the same thing wouldn't happen to her.

“Does anyone else know about Branch?" King Peppy asked.

“Only him, Carla, Creek, and you," Poppy replied. “They never told anyone else."

“Of course," the king said. “They're good friends of yours."

🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻

Later that day, Poppy made it back home with little Flower in her arms.

“Flower, welcome to your new home for the next eighteen years," she announced. “That may sound like a long time, but it'll be over before you know it. Which is why I will cherish every moment."

After showing Flower around the house, Poppy noticed her weeping and tugging at her dress strap. That must've meant she was hungry. So, Poppy took her to her room and fed her.

“You're such an angel," Poppy sighed. “You know, I'm not throwing another party till summer, but it's supposed to be the biggest party ever! And with you being the newest member of our village, I think you should be a part of it. Of course, there is your father..."

Flower finished her meal and Poppy gently patted her back until she let out a tiny burp.

“Maybe if he doesn't find out, you can come. This is a very special party, anyway. It celebrates our 20th anniversary of freedom from the Bergens. Would you like to hear the story?"

Flower, however, decided it was time for a nap and fell asleep in her mother's arms. Poppy gently placed the baby inside a bassinet and covered a lavender blanket over her body.

“This is going in the scrapbook!" she whispered cheerfully, and headed for her desk to begin working on it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Happy birthday dear Poppy

Happy birthday to you!

Satin and Chenille carried what was probably the biggest cake Poppy had ever seen, but she was certain it was delicious. On top was a candle shaped into the number five.

“Make a wish, Poppy!" Biggie cheered.

Poppy sighed and said, “I wish this moment would last forever."

As Poppy blew out her candle, Cooper said, “Oh. Well, we got you something else."

Suki placed a large present on top of the table and Poppy ripped into it without hesitation. But at first, she was disappointed.

“A book?" she asked, confused.

“Not just any old book!" Satin said.

“A scrapbook, to tell all your stories in!" Chenille finished.

Poppy gasped. “I love it! Thanks guys!"

Yooooouuuuu're weeeeeellllcoooome!" Guy Diamond sang.

“Now, let's have some cake!" Cooper shouted.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Poppy realized her life was full of so many happy memories, and said to herself, “Let's make sure Flower's is the same."

Sorry for not updating lately. I've been really busy. Heck, it might take a while till I update again. But I have at least one or two chapters left in this story (and maybe an epilogue).

In the meantime, entertain yourselves with the Trolls Holiday soundtrack.