Chapter 17; Misery, my old friend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It took a while, but I wrote another chapter! Multimedia is 'Misery Loves My Company' by Three Days Grace, because it describes Jennifer's feelings about Chester's actions. Anways, Enjoy! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Petra’s P.O.V

I zigzagged through my opponent’s defense as I dribbled the ball. There came an opponent straight for me. I stepped aside and ran further. I turned 360 degrees away from another opponent and ran straight forward towards the basket. I jumped and threw the ball. I held my breath and closed my eyes. I felt that my feet were touching the ground again. I looked up to see if I made the deciding point of the match. Did I make it? Did I make the winning point?

Jennifer’s P.O.V

‘GO PETRA!’ I cheered loudly, even though she couldn’t hear me. ‘Threadway has the ball, she evades all her opponents. She runs straight forward. She’s near the basket! She jumps… AND SHE SCORES!’ The announcer screams. ‘YES!’ May and Alice exclaimed. I started to shout. ‘THEY WON! PETRA MADE THE LAST POINT!’ I ran towards Alice and May and bear hugged them.

‘Jen, calm down!’ May said laughing, because I started to run in circles. I wasn’t that type that watch sports like football and all, but I always watched Petra’s basketball games and I always get a ‘little’ bit excited.

It was past 21:00 and I was reading on the balcony. I was reading a book about a boy from the United Kingdom that went to Japan with a ship, but the ship became a wreck in a storm. His father died in the wreck and he was never going to be able to go back the United Kingdom. He was found by a man that had his own samurai school in Kyoto and joined that school to become a warrior. I closed the book and sighed, remembering the daydream I had. ‘Why is the world so boring?’ I asked myself.

‘Because your fantasy is too big.’ I heard a male voice say. I walked to the railing and looked over it. I saw a boy with blond hair and a familiar face. ‘Austin? What are you doing here?’ I hissed. ‘I was walking and I saw that you were talking to yourself,’ he explained casually. ‘So I decided to talk to you and make you look less of an idiot.’ I sighed. ‘Thanks.’ I said sarcastically.

‘I’ll come downstairs. I got to ask you something!’ I exclaimed and I ran out of the hotel room. I ran down the stairs and I didn’t realize that I passed May. ‘Jen, where are you going?’ ‘I’m going out for a walk. Don’t worry! I’ll be back soon!’ I exclaimed while I ran towards the exit. ‘Jen, wait!’ May shouted and came after me. I stopped running. ‘Don’t go outside alone at this time! What if that Chester guy comes to pick you u-’ she said. ‘Shhh!’ I said as I placed my hand over her mouth. May mumbled something I couldn’t understand.

‘Don’t worry. I am going to you-know-who tomorrow. Why should he pick me up now?’ May rolled her eyes. ‘I just want to take a walk. That’s it. I’ll be fine.’ ‘If you aren’t back in an hour, I’ll search for you!’ May said with a serious face. ‘Yes Mom.’ I said teasing and I ran outside towards where Austin was supposed to be.

I was out of breath when I arrived where Austin was. Well, used to. ‘Tch, dick.’ I said under my breath. In the corner of my eyes, I saw something hanging on the tree. I walked over and I saw there was a note on it. I pulled off the note and read it out loud:

By the time you read this, I’m already going back to my home.

You were taking too long and I got bored.

I already know what you wanted to ask and my answer is; No.

It was not me you met in the Pittman’s residence.

Austin.

How the hell did he know what I wanted to ask him and how did he know about the Pittman’s residence? The boy that came in the room when I was with Chester, looked extremely like Austin. Same face, same eyes. The only that was different was that the Austin was the ‘sloppy’ version. He wore hoodies, worn-out jeans and his blond hair was a mess. The boy in the Pittman’s residence wore a suit and his hair was combed back, looking like some sly person. I sighed. ‘Why is this all so confusing?’ I said as I scratched my head.

‘Got ya!’

I squealed. The person grabbed my shoulders from behind. Shit, one of Chester’s men again? I pulled myself free. I turn around and kicked the person in his side. ‘Ooch!’ I heard a familiar voice say. I looked at the person I just kicked. I face palmed myself. ‘What are you doing,’ I sighed. ‘Mark?’

I pulled himself on his feet. ‘May was totally freaking out, because you left without a good reason, so I came to look for you.’ I smirked at the thought of Mark offering May help. I wish I could’ve seen May’s face. I crumbled the note and carefully slid it in my back pocket of my jeans. ‘I was about to go back anyways.’

-------------------

I woke up from my alarm on my phone. I rubbed my eyes. I was going to be picked up to spend the whole with Chester. I felt like I was going to throw up. I threw the blankets of me and stepped out of bed. I decided to not wear any fancy clothes. I simply put on a skinny jean, a tank top, a blouse and my vans. I ran downstairs to get something to eat.

I knocked on the door where Mr. Roberts is most of the time. ‘Come in.’ I heard. I opened the door and stepped into the room. ‘My ride will be here soon.’ Mr. Roberts nodded. ‘Okay, keep us updated with what you are going to do. You’re still my responsibility and I don't want something happen to you.’ ‘Yes, sir!’ I said. ‘I’ll be going now. See you soon.’ I walked out of his office.

May and Alice gave me a hug, at the same time. ‘Guys. Air.’ I said as my best friends choked me.

They finally released me from their grip. ‘Text us if something happen!’ May said.

‘Be careful!’ Alice whined.

I gave them both a hug. ‘I’m a big girl! I’ll be fine!’ I said laughing. They really were like family to me. I saw that a car came towards our direction. It stopped in front of us. I saw two bodyguards step out of the car. Chris and another one I hadn’t seen before. I sighed with frustration. I turned to my friends and gave them one last hug. ‘See you!’

‘Let’s go, milady.’ The unknown bodyguard said as she held the door open for me. I simply nodded as appreciation for the bodyguard. I stepped in and saw that Hayato was behind the wheel. ‘Hayato, good to see you!’ ‘Good to see you too, Miss Adams. Are you ready to leave?’ ‘I’m ready. Let’s go.’ I said and the car drove away. I saw my friends waving me goodbye. Hello, Misery, my old friend.

That was chapter 17. The book that I was talking about is called; 'The Way Of The Warrior' by Chris Bradford. I love this book so much, so I decided to put it into the story. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Vote and comment if you like and follow me for more stories and updates about my upcoming book. 

Stay awesome and I love you! <3

xAllTimeTessax OUT!