Chapter 2; Meet the family

Dedicated to xKatieCake

---------------------------------------------

‘Goodnight, dad.’ I said as I gave my father a kiss. ‘Goodnight honey.’ My dad said with an exhausted tone.

James Adams, boss of one of the largest sport car companies of the United Kingdom.

‘Dad, maybe you should take a break. Why don’t you let Josh finish it? He is going to work at the company anyway.’ I said worried. ‘I’m fine, honey. I just going to finish these reports and then I go to bed. Did you check on Meg?’ ‘I was planning to do that right away.’ I said. ‘Goodnight.’

I walked up the stairs and saw that the lights in Josh’ room were on. I knocked on the door and said: ‘I’m coming in.’ ‘Hi, Josh.’ He looked up from his laptop.

Joshua Adams, my older twin brother. He was born with the fate to follow up our father’s company.

‘Hi, Jen.’ He said. ‘You should go to sleep, big bro.’ ‘I probably should.’ He said smiling. ‘What’s wrong?’ I asked. ‘Nothing. Why do you ask?’ he said still smiling. I sighed. ‘I know you are lying. Come on, tell me.’ I said as I sat down next to him. ‘I don’t know if I can rule the company as good as Dad. I will absolutely fail him.’ he said sad. Josh always lied about his feelings. He always says that he don’t want to bother anyone with his feelings. ‘You just started to work in the company and Dad is going to be the boss for the next 20 years. You have enough time to learn from Dad to become even better than him.’ I said as I put my hand on his cheek. ‘Look at him. I believe in you. Just work hard and you will reach the top. That was what Mom always used to say.’ ‘You really are a copy of her.’ He said with a faint smile on his face. I pulled him in for a hug. ‘Just go to sleep. Tomorrow’s a new day.’ I stood up and walked towards the door. Before I left to the room, I looked at him and I said: ‘Goodnight, big bro.’ and I left the room.

‘Meg, why are you still awake? It’s passed your bedtime.’ I said when I saw my 8-year-old little sister was awake.

Meghan Adams, youngest daughter of James Adams.

‘I fell asleep, but I got a nightmare, so I waited until you came.’ I sat down next to her. ‘Come here.’ I said as I spread my arms to let Meg fall in them. ‘Can you sing the song that mommy used to sing to us.’ I started to sing:

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass.
And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat,
And if that billy goat don't pull,
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

I hummed the song over and over again, as I rocked her slowly until she felt asleep. After 5 minutes I was sure that she had fallen asleep. I lay her down and put the sheets upon her. I looked at her for a while and I gave her a kiss on her forehead as I whispered: ‘Goodnight, my little baby.’ I walked out of the room and closed the door quietly.

I said this chapter was as short as chapter 1. The next chapter is way, way, way longer than this one, I promise! Anyways, thanks for reading. Vote if you liked it and comment what you thought of it. Stay awesome and I love you

xAllTimeTessax OUT!