Chapter 10; Austin

Enjoy chapter 10! :D

--------------------------------------------

We walked, or more run, past the candles and trees to get back to the fountain. We stood still front of the fountain. I looked around to see if I could see the boy from yesterday. I was about to give up, but then Alice grabbed my arm. She pointed at one the trees. I saw the boy sitting under the exact same tree as yesterday. He noticed us and stood up. He turned around and walked away. Our mouths fell open. We didn´t expect that. I ran towards the boy. I grabbed the sleeve of his black hoodie and flip him around so that he was facing me. ‘Don’t run away!’ I said. He looked with his deep blue eyes at me. He remained silent. ‘Maybe he doesn’t speak English.’ Alice said as she shrugged her shoulders.

‘We’re in Japan after all.’ ‘I speak English but I didn’t expect you to run after me.’ The boy said. We didn’t expect him to answer us.

There was an awkward silence. I decided to break the silence. ‘We wanted to thank you for yesterday. I am Jennifer Adams.’ I pointed at Alice. ‘And that is Alice Foster. What’s your name?’ ‘Austin.’ He said. ‘Do you live here?’ Alice asked him. ‘I live here not too far away.’ Alice kept asking things. I just kept looking at him. He was really handsome. Our eyes met each other again. My heart skipped a beat. I started to blush and looked the other way. He looked at his watch. ‘I have to go now. I’m sorry.’ He said. He turned around and walked away. I thought I heard him chuckle but I could be wrong. Our eyes followed Austin until he was out of sight.

‘I don’t know what I should think of him.’ Alice said. ‘I don’t know either.’ I said. ‘We can’t judge him though. We don’t even know him.’ ‘He said that he lived nearby but isn’t this a wealthy neighborhood?’ Alice asked. ‘He didn’t look like he was from a wealthy family.’ ‘Maybe there are other neighborhoods around here. We probably only past the houses of the noble families.’ I answered. I looked at my watch. ‘Let’s go back. We’re going to Tokyo tomorrow.’ I suggested. ‘Good idea.’ Alice said and we made our way back to the hotel.

It was 01:13 AM and I couldn’t sleep. I decided to go outside, back to the park. I quietly changed my clothes and walked towards the door. I opened the door and took one look at the girls who were, luckily, still sleeping.

I closed the door behind me. None of the employees bothered to ask me what I was going to do. I was happy with that. Thank god that they aren’t difficult. I walked back to the park. I passed the candles. I saw the lit-up fountain in the distance and walked towards it. I stood still in front of it, looking at the beauty of it.

‘You again?’ I jumped because of the person who was talking to me. I wanted to back away, but I saw it was Austin. ‘Oh, yeah. Me again.’ I said laughing while rubbing the back of my head. Austin laid down on the ground and looked up to the night sky. ‘What are you doing here at this hour?’ Austin asked me. ‘I could ask you the same question.’ I replied. ‘I give you that one.’ He admitted. ‘I couldn´t sleep, so I decided to go back.’ I told him. I looked at his eyes that were looking at the stars. I looked up at the sky, because I felt that I was blushing.

‘Do you like looking at the stars?’ Austin suddenly asked. ‘Yeah, I do. It makes me feel peaceful.’ I answered. Austin got back into sitting position and looked at me. ‘Are you happy in the United Kingdom?’ he asked. ‘I don’t have a terrible life, but I got my problems at the moment.’ I answered referring to Chester. ‘What kind of problems?’ he asked worried. ‘It’s difficult to understand.’ I told him.

‘How old are you?’ Austin asked. ‘I’m 16 years old. What about you?’ ‘I’m 17.’ Austin said. Austin mumbled something I couldn’t hear. I sat down next to him. ‘Why are you here late at night?’ I asked. ‘I don’t like it home.’ He said with a sad tone in his voice. ‘May I ask why?’ I asked carefully. ‘I just don’t like having walls around me.’ He said with a fainted smile. There was a silence for a moment, but Austin broke the silence.

‘So… You’re a noble?’ He asked. ‘Yeah, my dad is the owner of the largest sport car company in the United Kingdom.’ I said.

‘Do you like living in a wealthy family?’ ‘I don’t dislike it, but I don’t think it would matter if I would be happy or not. Money can’t buy our happiness. You can get happiness from even the smallest things like this.’ I said. Austin looked confused my way. ‘A moment like this can make you happy. I mean sitting under the stars and talking to someone without any worries.’ I explained. ‘So you’re saying that you would be happy, even if you weren’t rich?’ He asked. ‘If I would have the same people around me, then yes.’ I said.

We stared at each other for a moment. Austin broke the moment by standing up. ‘I’ve really enjoyed talking to you, but I have to go now.’ He said sadly. I stood up. ‘I hope I can talk to you soon.’ I said. We looked at each other. Austin, unexpectedly, stepped closer and wrapped his arms around me. ‘Thank you. You’ve really helped me.’ He whispered. He had let go of me before I could say something. He turned around and ran away. ‘No problem.’ I said with a smile.

That was chapter 10. I hope you've liked it. I'm sorry for the long wait on this chapter. My final exams are coming up and I'm really busy with school and all. I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything. Vote if you liked and comment me if you liked it. Stay awesome and I love you! <3

xAllTimeTessax OUT!