10-Compromise

Son of a bitch!

I had to agree with Alala on that point. Though cowardly, the turn tails were smarter than I gave them credit for. Deciding to team up for defeating a mutual threat, they gave us a run for our money, especially after the wound on my leg Brock had inflicted.

We still kicked their asses.

They were too loud with their steps when they tried to sneak up on us and were too slow to fake hits. Their eyes would wander behind us when they expected someone to attack us from behind, trying to tag team with each other. They were clumsy and uncoordinated.

Weak. Alala muttered, panting mentally.

I was leaning heavily on a tree while they dispersed, most heading to the clinic to patch up wounds that were too great to heal properly on their own. We may or may not have snapped a few of their bones.

"The healer is on her way." Ares grumbled, stomping toward me grumpily. Brock had to hold him back the last half of our little sparring session, keeping him from beheading half of his warriors.

"I told you that I don't need a damn healer, Ares. I need to rest for a couple of hours and clean myself up." I sighed.

"The gashes is your torso won't stop bleeding, Mena. If someone doesn't stop them you could easily bleed out." he growled, glaring at the wounds.

"I could stop them easily with some gauze. Stop pouting- it's not an attractive look on you." I lied.

"I'm not letting those mutts put their hands on you again. What were you thinking, taking them all at once?!"

"I was thinking to show them how it was done. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Don't you train them to be stealthy, or slightly silent?" I huffed.

"Not them. The older warriors undergo stealth training." he raised a brow.

"You should teach them all, Alpha. What would happen if something happened to the other warriors? You'd have a bunch of brawny wolves who know how to attack, but nothing else." I sat down, clutching a large gash over my abdomen that was still bleeding profusely. Ares frowned but I waved him off.

"We'll talk about that later, when you're not bleeding anymore." I nodded in agreement, watching an older she-wolf get close. She was dressed in a long dress with various beads around her neck and wrists, each a different shade of green or blue.

I raised a brow at her when she showed her submission to me before introducing herself.

"Hello, Luna. My name is Alexa, the healer around here. Would you mind if I had a look at your wounds?"

"My name is Mena, not Luna. If you drop the title you're welcome to. Have a look at the leg first, if you don't mind. I'd like to walk back without limping." I nodded.

"Of course. I've brought you something for the pain, it may make you drowsy though. I usually double the warrior's doses because it burns through their systems faster, but I've never treated a Shadow before. Do you have any idea how your healer back home prepared your medication?" she asked while pressing gauze to the bleeding wounds.

"Three times stronger than that prepared for an average wolf, but certain plants don't have any effect on me. It's not a Shadow thing, just me personally." I explained, leaning back on the tree to give her better access to the wounds on my sides.

"Hmm. I can add something, but we'll have so wait and see." She nodded before taking a small vile out before adding a reddish powder and shaking it.

"Drink this. It might not taste as good as you'd like it to, but it should help." Nodding, I through it back and resisted pulling a face at the bitter taste. I motioned for her to continue, closing my eyes when I felt the familiar burning when she started healing my leg.