Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

After my grilled ham and cheese sandwich, I pulled out my cell and called a cab. I changed my clothes into a comfy pair of black skinnys and a dark blue tunic. I waited outside for the cab driver and fiddled with my phone. When the cab driver arrived I told him I wanted to get to the nearest walmart.

"Sure thing little lady." He said. That voice sounded familiar. He was from school... Matt, mike, Mark.

"Oh, hey, you were Mark, right?" I said nervously. He nodded.

"Yeah. I didn't think you'd remember." He said. He pulled out of the driveway and drove down the road. "Do you like music?" He asked.

"Who doesn't?" I asked. He turned on the radio and the song "So what" by pink blared from the oversized speakers. We both sang along and laughed the whole way to walmart. As we arrived, I pulled a twenty out of my purse.

"No. I'm your friend, not your chauffeur." He said in a mocking tone. So generous... 'Snap out of it.' I thought, 'your on a mission!'

"Whatever. But I'm going to need a ride home too." I said while hopping out of the cab.

"Well, I'll come in with you." He too, jumped out of the car. We walked into walmart and he grabbed a kart. "You want to ride?" I laughed.

"No, I'm on a mission here!" I pulled the kart from his grasp and headed to the household items area. The aisle was filled with light bulbs, toilet seats, and locks of all shaped and sizes. I stopped and Mark nearly ran right into the kart.

"What are you looking for anyway?" He asked. I stared at the locks and picked one that was black. I through it into the buggy and took off again.

"A new lock for my new house." I said.

"You know when I went to pick you up the other day, you didnt answer the door." He stared down at his feet and blushed light pink. "At first I thought it was the wrong house cause that's where Steve Tyler is, but I didn't know where else to look. So umm," He looked back up at me. "are you his cousin or something?" He looked me in the eye and awaited my answer.

"We're... um... it was an arranged sort of thing." He looked at me weirdly and I continued. "We're getting married in a couple of months... unlessI kill him first." I looked over at Mark. His mouth was hanging down low and his face was extremely pale.

"What the H*LL do you mean your getting married to Steve Tyler?" he exclaimed.

"That is not what I said I'm getting married to him, IF I don't kill him first." I said. He closed his mouth and smiled. SMILED, at the fact of me getting married to the biggest jerk ever, or was it the killing Steve Tyler part?

Soo........ Okay, What did u think? COMMENT VOTE AND FAN IF U HAVEN"T ALREADY!!!