CHAPTER 7: APOLOGY ACCEPTED

CHAPTER

Today is Monday. I would have laughed at their statement that I will be their new personal assistant if I'm not here sitting in their office. They are briefing me about what I should do and they also made me signed a contract. It still so surreal to me as to why they made me their new personal assistant. I am more thankful that they did not mention what happened at the Gala party or the event in their house. But I feel disappointed that they did not mention anything at all. They all look on a work mode today. I feel like they are playing with my feelings but what I am very confused is why they are both showing interest in me. Someone cleared their throat and made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Ms. smyth that will be all. For now I need you to arrange our schedules" Eric said and went back to his work.

"Yes sir. Is that all you need?" I asked them. I stand and ready to go out.

They gave me a small office where I have my own computer and a laptop that I can take home with and do more work at home. Its not as big as the CEO's office but its enough for me. I didn't know what happened to their last assistant but last time had her table just outside their office. I take a sit in my chair and started my first task. Sometime later they send me more work in my email. At lunch time went out of my office and went to theirs to ask to inform them that I'm taking my lunch break.

I knock two times in the door and peak my head inside."Hi I'm gonna take my lunch now. Do you want me to get your lunches?" I asked them.

They look up at me from their work.

"Yeah, we have already ordered our lunch from the cafeteria, so will you please get it for us.?" Vincent replied.

"Yes sir." I said and closed the door. I made my way to the elevator.

When I reach the cafeteria all the people were looking at me, well most of the women their. My guess is they are spreading fake rumors about me now. That's what I observed the way they whispering to each other. I just didn't paid them attention. I went in line and order food for myself and ask for my bosses orders. After paying for my food I get the heck out of there.

On the way to the elevator I saw my friends. I wave at them. Britney ignored me and walk away.

"Sorry about her shes just upset that you keep this thing to us." Lucy apologized to me.

"It's fine Lucy and I understand her." I told her.

"Ok, talk to you later?" she asked.

"Yes, you can come by my apartment so we can talk and so I can clear this misunderstanding." I suggested and hoping she will agree.

"Sure, I will try to talk to Britney and convince her to come." she said and smiled.

"That's great!" and I smiled in return. Then we said or goodbyes.

I gave them their lunches and went straight to my office

Time pass by really quickly and its almost time to go home. I was very busy rearranging all their schedules and all the files i need to do. So many phone calls and they had three meeting that i need to take notes. For my first day, i  am sure i'm exhausted. I know this day would be an eventful day for me but i didn't expect it to  be like this. 

I'm just glad that we are all busy so that my bosses will not of any crazy ideas and would gang up on me again. I can't stand the brother they intimidate me and i feel so small with their gigantic height. Then my friends came in my mind. What would they think of me especially Britney she seem so upset to me. Well i need to explained this to them and even i am confused in my situation. I could get a new advice from them.

Maybe i look like i am day dreaming in my office because i didn't notice Eric was standing in my doorway. I jump in my seat when i saw that someone is there.

"Oh, my God. Sir Eric you startle me." I said to him and stand on my feet.  He had a smile on his face and approach my desk. 

"I thought you heard me calling you because i saw you were scowling ." he said to me and look around my office.

" You did a pretty good job in making this office look in order unlike before."he added and look at me.

" I just did a few arrangement that's all." I stated a matter of fact and I'ts no big deal to me. 

"Do you need something ?" I asked him and look at the time in my computer. Although Eric is much nicer to me now, I'm still a little cautious around him. I don't want to get accused of something I don't again.

"Uh, not exactly . I am here to say I'm sorry about accusing you of being a gold-digger. " He sincerely said. I did not expect him to apologized to me. I don't know what to say to him. I didn't expect him-to really say sorry to me. 

"I know you already think I'm a jerk and i just want to protect my brother but it's not a good reason  for me to do that to you."he explained more when i did not say anything.

"I accept you apology and it's better if we just forget about it." I replied since i see that he is true to his apology.He look kinda relief to hear my answer to him. 

"Thank you Eve. " he said and gave a genuine  smile . She smiled back at him.

"So i hope you are liking this new line of work because so far you are doing a great job." He said and sit on my desk he look like his not going anywhere anytime soon.

"It's a bit more hectic than my old one but I'm getting it." I relied to him and also sit down.

"That's good to hear, I actually thought we overwork you today . We think you are probably exhausted with all of the meetings we had." He stated looking cozy in my office.

"I actually am." I honestly replied to him.

"You really look like you need a good night sleep." he said to me and stand ion his feet.

"You can go home now Eve and take a rest." he added and walk to the door.

"Thank you sir." I replied and gather my things. I feel like i needed it too.

"Don't be late tomorrow Ms. Smyth." he said to me later on.

"Of course Mr. Romero." i replied and we exchanged smiles.

He went back to his office and i get ready to go home.