CHAPTER 5: You.Are.Mine

Evangeline POV

Many weeks have passed and my life turn back to normal. The big Boss CEO's also went back to their player ways. Not that mind what they do. I like my peaceful life. My love life might sucks at the moment but someday i will find that someone for me.

Tonight i am preparing myself for the company's anniversary party. I'm wearing a red floor length dress with a long slit to the side that showcases my whole legs. Its an off shoulder dress and it hug my body like a second skin. She paired it with a silver purse bag. She had her hair into a loose curls and just do a simple make-up. Her friends was the one who chose my dress. When i am contented with my looks, i put on my 3 inches high heels. I went out of my apartment and drive myself to where the party is taken place.

I arrived at the place and texted my friends if they are already inside and wait for their respond. They respond to me that  are inside and said that they will met me at the hallway. I got out of my car and texted them that i'm going in. I composed myself and walk cautiously to the building. Well, i'm not use to wear high heels and most of all walk in this death trap. I don't want to embarrass myself by meeting this shiny marbol floor face first. 

My friends meet me at the hall. They are both at stunning in their dressing gown. Lucy had on a black dress that reach her mid thigh and Britney  with her sparkling silver dress that reach her ankles. They wear elegant high heel, I bet its a lot higher than mine. We head to the event and they talk about how magnificent the Gala is. It was a big convention hall. Men and women wearing expensive evening gowns. There a makeshift stage in the front, the tables surrounding the spacious dance floor and above hang a beautiful chandelier. The food is on the left side and the drinks and other beverages on the right side. I see some people dancing to the dance floor with a slow music played by the musician beside the stage. Me and my friends went t our table since the CEO's going to give some speech. Our table was located a few tables away from the stage. The CEO's are on the stage having their speech. They take turns on the microphone in front acknowledging peoples and giving their employees some motivation to work hard. They are looking magnificent in their Armani suit and sleek hairstyle.

After their speech everyone applaud including us. The CEO's went down to the stage to mingle and great their guest. We are enjoying the good food and even dance to the group of guys which is also an employee. My friends meet them before i arrived. The song changes from the upbeat to a slow dance music. I decided to go sit on the table instead.

I was drinking some kind of  white wine when a man stood by my table. He offer hi hands and ask me to dance.

"Can i dance with the most beautiful girl of this party?" he asked with a charming smile adorning his face. I did not declined his offer and accept his hands. 

"Do you always say that to all the women you met at the party?" i asked as he leads me to the dance floor. He is a very attractive man oozing with sex appeal. He has a blonde hair, hazel eyes and he is wearing a white tuxedo.

"Only to you my dear." i blush at his endearment. We stop at the center of the dance floor.  He caught my hands and put it around his neck. His hands is on my hips. We dance slowly to the music. After a few minutes  of dancing   I finally broke the silence.

"So who is the handsome man i'm dancing with?" I asked him.

"Oh baby, i'm wounded that you don't know me." He faked hurt and pout his lips dramatically. I just rolled me eyes at his antics. 

" You really don't know me?" he asked when he saw that i am still waiting for his answer. 

"If i know then i will not asked you, right?" i retorted. He smiled at that and i almost swoon.