21

21. Getting lost somewhere

i. her feet tickle against the grass that coils around her ankle. the trees tower over her head like the taller city buildings did, yet they somehow felt more welcoming and less oppressive. she breathes in deeply and then exhales. he stands beside her, slipping his shoes off like she had a few minutes before. they walk around the area on bare feet, the feeling of dry grass tickling against their feet and ankles unfamiliar, but lovely.
ii. autumnal leaves fall for, the trees, covering a circle on the ground under the circumference of the tree a beautiful mix of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. a few stray leaves skipped across the grass in the wind. the leaves didn't make the satisfying crunch that they did back in the city on the pavements, but the colours were too pretty to stomp on anyways.
iii. he pulls out a blanket from the rucksack which hung, previous untouched, on a branch of one of the many trees surrounding the two lovers. he lays it down and they sit down on it, sharing a kiss and laughing at nothing. love is the most powerful of emotions, it overpowers anger, sadness, and all negative emotions whilst it brings happiness and excitement.
iv. they're lost, but they don't mind. in fact, that was the intention. to get lost. stray away from the blinding city lights and loud sirens wailing every which way. to escape the towering buildings that loom over them. to run away from the oppressive air which closed in on them. fresh air, that's all they wanted. getting lost was the plan.