16

16. In a sudden swift movement that seems impossible considering how drunk he is.

i. he takes another beer, it's his fifth one tonight and you know it. stop him? oh lord, no. he can't be stopped. everyone knows that. a boy who doesn't know anything as well as he knows a good bit of alcohol. he's slowly poisoning himself, the world knows that too. the boy knows that. it may even be his intention. to poison himself. to die. but if he really wants to die, would he not pick a faster method? an overdose, a bullet to the head.. either would be much more practical.

ii. in the end, does he really want to die though? and if he does, is he choosing to make it long an painful? alcoholic father, alcoholic mother, alcoholic sister, and an alcoholic brother. all he has ever knows is alcohol. a bottle of beer soothed his tears after his mother's 'friend' had done something every child fears. twenty shots of vodka had dulled the pain when his very first girlfriend was caught with her tongue down his brother's throat on a Sunday in the rain. he has never known love in any form whether it family, friendship, or relationship. a poor young boy who bears the weight of the world on his shoulders. all he's doing is trying to forget that pain with one too many drinks.

iii. everyone watches as he makes his way to the edge, but as teenagers do, no one calls for help. he's too far gone, who is there to save? in a sudden swift movement that seems impossible considering how drunk he is, he leaps. he makes a graceful leap off of the side of the cliff and dives to the rocky oceans below. he screams but it's cut off quickly, almost sickeningly fast. several people notice, and soon the loud party noises die down, the DJ even turning down the music. one boy steps closer to the edge, but not too close, fearing the same fate as his peer. he stumbles backwards, falling flat on his ass and begins screaming. a few others do the same and each of them look equally as spooked, one girl even passing out. he landed on rocks. blood pools around him, you can see it clearly glittering in the dusky sky. the drop is far, but obviously not far enough. everyone can see his body lying still, bathing him in his own blood. everyone takes their turn looking down at his body, and after what feels like forever, but in reality is only ten minutes, someone calls the police. it takes them forever to come, and by then people are scared out of their minds. who would have thought he do it there, right in front of everyone?

iv. for the world does not end in a bang, or even a whisper, but with one scream at a time.