5.) Fallout (Behind The Marianas Trench Song)

Crimson Roses; A Collection Of Short Stories. 

Written by; Ren Elizabeth

Authour's Notice: Hello folks. Firstly I'd like to mention that this story was inspired by two things. One would be Marianas Trench's song "Fallout" and the other would be my own experiences which didn't quite end the way this story did. It would mean the world to me if you could comment and vote, maybe if you would even fan if you enjoy my writing that much! I would really appreciate it. 

Warning: This story "Fallout" includes foul language but no other themes unrecommended for the kind hearted. 

----------------------------------------|

Fallout

Spring knew she couldn’t just stand there. Even though the sounds of shocked gasps and the snickers of other girls echoed loudly in her mind, he was walking away from her again. The pain that she felt in her heart was a clear warning; a shot that went off in the dead of the night.  If you let him walk away without getting your words in edge wise, you’ll never get a second chance.

            Trying her hardest to hold back the tears Spring raced after Rhett, who had disappeared from the school building. She wasn’t going to let him get away this time. She deserved the chance to tell Rhett all the emotions she held towards him. She ran as fast as she could up into the wood trail just so she could get her chance. Spring wouldn’t remain the fearful girl that never spoke of her feelings.

            After all those months of heartache and crying herself to sleep, Spring had the chance to get what was hers back. She hadn’t just held on to a sliver of memories. She had been the one to swoop down and grab Rhett first. Her heart was in his hands, and she was going to get it back today. With or without Rhett. However she sincerely hoped that she wouldn’t have to steal her heart away from the only person who would ever have it.

            “Rhett!” Spring called frantically, “RHETT!”

            There was no response. Gulping down the lump in her throat, Spring thrashed through the trees blocking her way. She stopped for nothing; not even to untwine her unruly red curls from the branches above. Rhett was the most important thing to her. He meant more then her stupid hair.

            Spring burst from the small woods. She arrived on the sidewalk beside the crowded highway. She stopped merely to scan her surroundings for Rhett’s tall figure. In the distance, she spotted him. His head was hung low, the curls of his brown hair shone in the weak sun. His hands were shoved deeply into the pockets of his blue jeans as he trudged forward. A happy smile broke the skin of Spring’s face as she raced towards the moving figure.

            “Rhett!” She cried, “Rhett!”

            If he had heard her hysteric cry, he made didn’t stop to reassure. Rhett continued walking. Spring was determined that she would talk to Rhett, so, without him to stop to talk to her, she would make it to him. Spring started running as fast as she could. She pumped her arms while the wind whipped her red curls out behind her. To her, it felt as if the balls of her feet never touched the ground. She was flying.

            She was growing closer and closer to the boy who inhabited everyone of her dreams. The emotions that she had tucked away in her mind weren’t breaking through until she was standing in front of him, vulnerable. She made sure of it. Plus with the effort she was putting on her lungs, crying wouldn’t be possible.

            Spring skidded to a stop a few feet away from Rhett. She could see now why he hadn’t turned for her call. He had his headphones shoved into his ears and from where she was standing, she could hear the screaming of the singer. Spring took a deep breath and raced up to his side, cutting off his path.