Part 10

Chapter 10

“Ally,” Adam growled as he slammed the cabin door behind him.  “Why did you do that?”

She ignored his question as she darted into the living room.  Adam stomped behind her, more annoyed than actually angry.  She just couldn’t stop meddling in his life, couldn’t leave him alone.  Turning the corner, he opened his mouth to question her once more, but the low growl coming from the floor made him close his lips in a tight line.  With narrowed eyes towards Noah, Adam walked towards Ally.  He had to step over Sebastian to get to her, but when he finally made it, all his earlier aggravations were gone.

“Ally,” he whispered, watching as she tickled a laughing Jesse, “I just want to talk.”

She glanced over at him for a second, and the smile on Jesse’s face immediately dropped. The little girl stared at Adam, and he had a feeling that she was mentally trying to claw his eyes out.  “In a minute, Adam.”  She sent him a large smile.  “Plus, Zoë misses you.”

He glanced towards where Andrew was making faces at the little girl.  Zoë’s eyes were wide, taking in every facial expression before smiling at Drew as if she was proud of him for doing something right.  He shook his head at the two as a reluctant smile formed on his face.  “She doesn’t miss me,” he denied, while glancing back towards Ally.

A grimace flew onto his face, when he realized that while Ally’s attention was on Jesse, Sebastian’s attention was solely on Ally.  “I missed you,” Seb whispered while encircling Ally in his arms.  She sighed, leaning further into his side.  Seb’s nose ran up the side of her neck as he took a deep breath.  Adam frowned at the man. 

“You two should find a room,” he mumbled.

Seb turned towards him, a large smile on the man’s face.  “Good idea.  You watch Jesse; Alex and I will go—”

“Not going to happen,” Adam interrupted while rolling his eyes at the man.  “Plus, who’s watching Noah?”

“Boo!” someone shouted, making Adam jump.  Glancing over his shoulder, he watched as Anthony scared Noah.  The little boy glared before a small smile flew onto his face.  Then, Tony disappeared again, before reappearing with a loud, “Boo!”

“Tony is,” Ally answered, while standing.  She glanced towards him with a sigh before nodding her head.  “I know you want to talk.  I know that you’re feeling anxious, not knowing what my plans are.  They’re worrying you, gnawing at your conscious.”

He shifted on his feet, not liking how dramatic she made his situation out to be.  “I just want some questions answered, you owe me that.”

Ally glanced towards Sebastian.  Holding out her hand, she waited until the man gripped her hand tightly before they began walking from the room.  Adam’s eyes darted from them to Jesse.  As he watched, the little girl rolled over on her belly.  Her chubby arms slipped underneath her as she rose to her hands and knees.  With her eyes intent on her parents, she began crawling faster than a normal baby should be able too.

With a silent curse, Adam went to pick her up.  Before he could, a pair of feminine hands did it for him.  Glancing up in surprise, Adam stared at Charlie as she tossed Jesse in the air and caught her.  The little girl made a noise as if she were amused, but not as happy that it wasn’t her parents doing the throwing.

“I got her,” Charlie mumbled as Zeke appeared beside her.  “Ally has a lot to tell you.”

He stared at Zeke’s mate for a while, unsure whether he should leave her alone with Jesse or not.  Ally didn’t like it, didn’t want Charlie to be alone with her daughter.  Glancing around, he reminded himself that Charlie wouldn’t be alone.  With three of Ally’s most trusted guards in the room, there was no way that any harm would come to these children.