Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Rylan's POV)

It felt diffferent, lying there and resting my head against Cal for once.

Something about it felt right, safe. I didn't want to be anywhere, else here with Cal forever. I sighed blissfully as his fingers stroked through my hair, my head resting in his lap. We'd finished our bathe and now just rested on the bed, doing nothing in particular, just lying there and cuddling.

"You should probably eat something," Cal said softly, peeking down at me, "You skipped dinner. You have to be hungry." I tilted my head so I was staring right up at him, then took his hand in mine. I kissed his fingertips, then gently licked them. Cal blushed.

"I only need you." I murmured, then nipped his fingers. Cal's breathing hitched and I could practically hear his heart pounding, his cheeks burning pink as I slid my tongue over his fingers, closing my eyes. I licked and sucked on them, then kissed my way up his arm, slowly sitting up until my lips reached his.

"Rylan." Cal breathed.

"Feed me." I whispered against his lips, then captured them hungrily. I dipped my tongue into his mouth, stealing his breath and slipping my hand behind his head, pulling him closer. He moaned against my lips and tongue, slipping himself into my lap. I ran my hands down his sides and rested them on his hips, massaging slow circles as he panted.

I was about to just pull his pants right off when I heard someone knocking at the door. I grimaced and ground my teeth together, pulling away from Cal, who scrambled off my lap and plopped by his pillow, looking at the sheets with an embarrassed blush as Kyler came in two seconds later.

"Whoa, did I interrupt something?" Kyler asked, cocking a brow and putting a hand on his hip. In his other hand was a file folder and Cal's camera. Cal blinked.

"My camera!" He exclaimed, getting off the bed. Kyler beamed, holding it out to him.

"Yup. Rylan gave it to me earlier and told to go into Rosemary so I could get the photos printed off. Nice pictures, kid. You could get famous with those. Really professional. And just to be fucking Santa Claus, I also got you some frames to put them in." He explained, handing me the file folder with the frames inside.

"Thanks." I answered flatly. Kyler shrugged and looked at Cal, who was staring at me in disbelief.

"Now, so you two can have your lovey dovey moment, I'll depart, but don't get too loud. Big houses echo." He added, then slipped out the door without another word, shutting the door. Cal didn't say anything and I suddenly felt uncomfortable by it as I rose to my feet, setting the file folder on the nightstand.

"I'm sorry I took it without asking. I wanted to surprise you, since Christmas is coming up. And, it's not really my thing, so it felt weird, but I mean-- Uh, if you're happy, that's good. I guess. You're happy, right? If not, I can just keep the pictures to myself, because I'm not throwing them out." I blabbered, mentally slapping myself for it.

Cal stared at me for a while longer, then came over and set his camera gently on the nightstand before he stepped in front of me. I was surprised when he threw his arms around my neck, pulling me down and kissing me.

For a second, I just stood there like an idiot because I couldn't remember the last time Cal had done this, if at all, before I slipped my arms around his waist, holding him up against me. We kissed a while longer, then pulled back, our lips still brushing.

"I love you, Rylan." Cal breathed. I nuzzled him and hugged him to me tightly, his head resting against my shoulder.

"I love you too, Cal. Would you be okay with me putting your pictures up?"