Chapter 17

-Cody's POV-

"The voicemail box is full."

I sigh as I throw my phone on my bed. I've probably left a hundred messages. I've called about 200 times. There's an endless amount of text messages that have been sent. I've rang her doorbell a countless number of times. Still no reply. I just needed to hear her voice. I needed to feel her presence. I needed to taste her lips. I needed Baylee.

This week has been the worst week of my entire life. The love of my life told me to move on and forget about her and the worst part is, that I actually left. But I could see in her eyes that she had planned this for awhile and that she was determined for me to go. She wanted me gone. She wanted me out of her life. If she really wanted me, she would've responded by now. I can't take it anymore. She wanted me to move on, so I'm moving on.

-Baylee's POV-

I groaned as I heard the doorbell ring. This better not be Cody, I don't want him here. What am I saying? Of course I want him here. NO! Baylee...you told him to move on. I looked out the peephole and a flood of relief and sadness flew over me. It wasn't Cody. It looked like some stupid salesman guy. I jumped when my phone rang. Wait a second...I thought I turned that off, so I wouldn't have to see all of the messages, voicemails, and missed calls from Cody. That kid sure is making it hard for me to forget about him. Well, I guess I don't have to forget about him, since I'm just going to die. I'm going to die, in love with a boy I'm pushing away. Sounds like a plan. A horrible one. But, I can't let Cody love me, when I know I'm going to die. That's just wrong. I love him too much to do that. The door bell rang again, bringing me back to reality. I decided to open the door, in hopes it wasn't some salesman searching for money.  

"Are you Baylee Anderson?" the man asked as soon as the door opened.  

"Yes...? I said.  

"Oh I'm glad I got the right address! I'm from an organization called 'Cure the Cancer.' I got notice of your stomach cancer and knew I had to come right away. " 

"Um... what are you talking about?" I was beginning to get creeped out now.  

"Let me explain. For the past few years we've been doing research over a cure for your exact kind of cancer. We think we might have found the cure." 

A/N: Sorry I've been gone for so long! I probably won't be posting much...but here is 17!