Chapter 14

-6 months later-

-Cody's POV-

The last six months have been pretty hard. The tours been going great, it's just being away from Baylee. I talk to her 24/7. We text all day, we call each other if we can, and we skype at night. Speaking of Baylee...I just got a text from her.

My love <3: Hey Codes! Guess what! (:

Me: Hey babe, what? (:

My love <3: only a month until you're back! I FREAKING MISS YOU! </3

Me: that means only one more month until I can see your beautiful face again!! I FREAKING MISS YOU MORE! </3

I laughed as I sent the last message. She always knows how to put a smile on my face. I can't believe I still have to wait another month to see her, but I can make it through. After all, I have made it through the past 6 months... But I have noticed that Baylee has been acting differently. Maybe she just misses me. Yeah that's probably it.

-Baylee's POV-

I smiled at the message I just received from Cody and then walked to the kitchen. A sharp stabbing sensation happened in my stomach. I fell to the ground, crying out in pain. I already knew what the source of the pain was, but I still wasn't quite used to it. I finally got the courage to get up. I tried to eat some cereal, but of course it didn't stay down. That wouldn't be the first time. I rushed to the bathroom. After I was done, I stayed there, just in case. I heard some voices coming from the living room. It sounded like my aunt and...grandma? I got up off the floor and ran towards their voices. There was grandma in her wheel chair. I just smiled. This was the first time I'd seen her since her heart attack, which she hadn't fully recovered from, hence the wheel chair. I ran to her and carefully hugged her. She chuckled and hugged me back tightly.

"Whew... I sure did miss you Bayboo!" She exclaimed.

"I missed you too!" I replied. We started talking about all sorts of things. Eventually, grandma got tired and the conversation died. My aunt told me to get my school supplies and meet her in the kitchen. I did as I was told and then my aunt started teaching me. I'm so grateful I'm home schooled. I don't think I would be able to handle school right now. After about three hours of "school," I went upstairs and got on my computer. As soon as I got on, Cody called me on Skype. I answered it immediately and there he was, with his amazing blue eyes, staring right back at me.

"BABE!" Cody screamed into the computer. I giggled and yelled his name right back in the same voice. I got a laugh in reply.

"So what have you been up to, Codes? I asked. He started talking about his tour and everything that's happened. Halfway through his story, the pain came back to my stomach. Ugh. Not now.

-Cody's POV-

I was in the middle of telling my story to Baylee,when I saw her wincing as if she was in pain.

"Are you okay, Bay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah totally!" She said with a fake smile.

"Bay I know something is wrong. Just tell me."

"It's just a stomach ache, Cody. Don't worry about." She said reassuringly. I just let it go. There was no way I could win this. I just nodded my head and continued my story. After I was done, we talked for another hour and then Baylee said she had to go. I told her I loved her and then signed off.

-1 month later-

I'm going home today. I can't wait to see Baylee's face. It's been too long. I can't wait to be with her for the next year. I don't think I could last another minute without her. We pulled up to her house and the bus came to a halt. I jumped out and ran towards the door. Halfway there, I saw the door fly open and Baylee's face appeared. She ran to me and jumped in my open arms. She planted kisses all over my face, before finally kissing my lips. I kissed back as if we were never going to kiss again. We finally pulled away. Baylee looked at me with a big smile.