Chapter Twenty-Seven

Rayne's Pov

"Okay, so have you had a chance to go over everything?" I ask while rubbing my eyes to get rid of the sleep in my eyes.

Law nods as he takes a sip out of his coffee, "Yes, it's interesting. You managed to snag some very important secrets."

I yawn again as I settle against Law. It was a few days after the war of Marineford and Sam leaving with her father. Law had been absolutely obsessive with me. I hadn't left his sight for more than a few minutes at a time. In fact he'd actually started making us shower together, which really isn't all that bad but it is sort of embarrassing. 

At the moment we're seated in the galley. I'm in Law's lap like usual and the rest of the crew is seated, since Law called a meeting to discuss what I'd nabbed. It was so nice to be back with everyone. Even everyone in the crew had been more protective of me. Shachi and Penguin were always with me if I went out onto the deck and if Law wasn't there then it was the twins or Oz. All in all, no one was letting me out of their sight.

"Yeah, a lot of discoveries were made in Marineford." I murmur. It was then that I remembered. "Holy shit!"

Law is startled, his arm wraps around my waist tighter, almost cutting off being able to breathe. "What?"

I slap his arms off of me so I can breathe. Getting air into my lungs I turn around and look at him, "Do you remember that book we stole all those months ago?"

"Yes?" He has that tone of wondering where the fuck I'm going with this.

"The section of devilfruit users and their offspring. That's true, it's all true."

"What?" His eyes are wide and the crew is silent.

"When I was in the middle of the battle Kizaru grabbed me and threw me in front of my father's magma attack. It hit me dead on and I thought for sure that I was going to die." I see that all eyes are on me, "It was hot and irritating but that was it. I didn't come out of it with any injuries other than a few singed places on that god awful uniform. In fact it just slicked off of me like water."

"Fascinating."

The rest of the meeting is really filled with me answering any questions they have and filling in certain holes. Finally Law called the meeting to a close and then Law picks me up and takes me back to our room. He places me down on the bed and places his lips on mine in a kiss. My arms wrap around his neck and pull him closer. Law places one knee on the bed and presses down further on my lips. I've missed this so much.

Law grabs onto the edge of my shirt and starts bringing it up over my head. I giggle before snatching his hat off, only to see that it's even more tattered than before. I push him off and hold this in front of his face, "What is this?" I growl.

He arches a brow, "My hat."

"This thing is shredded to hell!" I go through the damage to assess everything, "I can't belive you were this irresponsible with this! Man, I can't believe it, how is this thing still together?"

"Why do you care so much about my hat?" 

"Because it's special! Your mother made it for you! Where's a sewing kit so I can sew this up?"

Law sighs annoyed and plucks the hat from my hands, "Tomorrow, not now."

"Yes now."

"No."

"Why not?" I shoot back.

Law glares, "No Rayne."

"Law come on, just-!"