Chapter Six

Rayne’s Pov

                I kept my head down as I walked through the town with Law. It had been about a week since my little incident with the whiskey.  Of course the crew quickly found out about it and once again I was being ridiculed. Then there was also Law who acted really cold towards me ever since then. I wish I could remember what the hell I did back then because I don’t remember a damn thing. Of course I’d still continued on with my defense lessons and I was actually okay.

Would I survive against someone who really knew what they were doing? Hell no.

However I could probably stand my own against a few unsuspecting marine recruits with ease.

                At the moment we were docked at an island called Salzabar Island. Apparently this place was filled with nothing but medical supplies. In fact people here walked around in scrubs and medical masks. Law opened the door to a shop on our right and entered into the building. Entering into the place I blanched. Lining the walls were gruesome medical pictures of people being operated on. Walking a bit further I felt something sharp dig into my calf. I hissed and looked at where I felt the pressure but so far I didn’t see anything.  “L-Law can I just wait outside? This place is kinda… creepy…”

“No.”

I glared at the back of his head, there he went again with the sharp, one word answers. I had no idea of what crawled up his ass but either way I wasn’t appreciating the way he was treating me.

“Why not? I mean do you really need me in here?”

Law turned to look at me, an annoyed smiled on his face, “This town is very dangerous. People get picked up off of the streets and operated on, especially people like you.”

“I can defend myself now!”

“Barely and around here they’d knock you out with anesthetic before you could see who did it.”

“You have no faith in me!”

Law was now up close and almost in my face, “You’re right, I have no faith in you. You make it hard to believe in you when you botch up everything you try your hand at. Not to mention you always seem to mean one thing and do the complete other so I don’t want to hear it.”

I pursed my lips and nodded, “Okay, then I’m going.”

“Excuse me?”

“You told me a long time ago that you don’t keep useless people on your ship. Since you said, in oh so many words, that I botch up everything I try my hands at then I’m useless. So… good luck, I’ll find my own way home from here.”

                I turned around and walked out of the shop without as much as a single look back at Law. Was I scared? Hell yes. However what he said hurt and I wasn’t about to just sit there and take any more of it. Putting my head down I continued to walk. What did Law know anyways? I mean he never let me help in the infirmary, I didn’t know how to do laundry which he also wouldn’t let me try, and so I was a bit clumsy in the kitchen; there were a million people running around in that small space!

                Either way I went back to the ship and began to pack my bags. A few of the crewmates gave me a strange look as I walked through the sub. I didn’t really give a shit though since I was on a mission. Shoving all of the clothes into my bag I then was starting on the last few possessions I had when Law kicked the door open and stormed in. Ignoring him I continued to pack my things. Of course Law was not a fan of that as he shoved me down on the bed and pinned me down.