Chapter Fourteen

Rayne’s Pov

There are very few times in my life that I seriously hate the twins but today is one of them. At the moment the entire crew is in the bar, celebrating my birthday. However in reality they’re all drinking and I’m sitting here on the couch glaring at the twins. They’ve been trying to push alcohol on me for the past hour.  Not to mention while Law is sticking close to me at the bar with a few women clinging to him nonstop and he’s done nothing to stop their advances, what the hell?

“C’mon you’ve had Fireshot whiskey before! Surely you like it!” Cyrus slurs as he holds out a glass of the vile liquid.

I scrunch up my face in dislike, “No thanks, I’d rather stay away from that.”

“T-then try thi-hic!-this!” Claire shoves a martini glass of something in my face.

Irritated I take the glass and down it in my frustration. I wish I hadn’t though because the liquid burned like hellfire. Coughing I sit forward with my hands on my knees, my head swimming slightly, that shit was strong. Gritting my teeth I slam the glass down on the table and fix them with an angered stare, “Go. Away.”

“J-jeez, snap-pay!” Cyrus burps.

Claire snorts, “C’mon C-Cyrus, Miss sn-snappy pants w-wants to-hic!- be alone.”

I feel a bit bad at snapping at them but seeing those girls all over Law really has me pissed off. I mean we’re together now and yet he’s allowing two bimbos to be hanging off of his arms. Both of them are dressed in skimpy outfits, cutoff tops and shorts so short they look like underwear. Their legs are garbed in ripped up thigh highs and their boots are covered in safety pins and chains. Both of their faces are crusted in makeup and their hair looks wild and knotted. Where the hell did they come from?

I sit there from my place next to Shachi and tap my fingers on the tabletop, a nervous habit of mine. Or an angry habit at the moment. I know that I probably didn’t have much to worry about but really I don’t want to lose him. I know that I’m really naïve compared to him and probably not as beautiful as some of the women he’s been with. It just makes me feel very insecure and nervous, something I don’t want to be. Looking around the bar I sigh and look at my lap, compared to all of the women here I don’t even compare.

More of the put together women are here in sophisticated (for pirates) outfits and exuding confidence. Two such women are seated at our table taking with Penguin and Rick. They’re in fitted shirts of various patterns and colors and most of them are also wearing heeled boots. Their hair is done in beautiful waves and they look beautiful. Man, some birthday celebration this is… I reach over and grab the glass of fireshot whiskey Cyrus left on the table in front of me and swirl it around in front of me.

“Excuse me, aren’t you a little too young to drink?” One of the girls seated at our table talk to me.

I glare at her, “I’m twenty-one thank you.”

“Oh, I’m sorry! It’s just… dressed like that you look a little… younger.”

“What should I matter? Most pirates start drinking from a young age.”

“Oh, you’re a pirate too?” She’s really pissing me off now.

Slamming the glass down on the table I stand up and walk out of the bar. Leaning against the wall next to the door of the bar and try to keep myself in check. I know I shouldn’t let what she said get to me but I can’t help but feel that she’s right. Who am I kidding? I may be a pirate but I don’t act like one. Hell, I’m still more of a kid than anything else especially since Law is twenty-seven.