Chapter Twenty-Four

Rayne's Pov

"Jaden put it over here." Kizaru orders. 

"Whatever pops." I place the sea stone chaines down in the area specified. Even though I'm not a devil fruit user I can see feel something because of those things. It's a really nasty feeling. 

Tomorrow was the day of the execution. I'd actually seen them moving Ace into another cell as he arrived in Marineford. God he looked bad. Dried blood was on his face and his body looked like one big bruise. Large cuts were all over him and the expression on his face broke my heart. I felt powerless to help him, it was hard.

As for right now Kizaru was directing where the leave this and that while Fleet Admiral Sengoku was supervising everything else. Attaching the chains to the floor of the platform I stand up and get away from them as quick as possible. Already my stomach feels nauseus. For about three days I'd been moving things and setting up. It makes me sick to know that they're doing this to Ace. However what makes it worse is that they're going to publicly humiliate him first. 

"Alright, everything is in place. Now we just wait for tomorrow to come." Kizaru pats my shoulder before instructing me to get a move on. 

In the passing weeks Kizaru had fallen into a false sense of security that I was of no problem to him. He'd started to treat me as one of his subordinates- no- as his son, not a prisoner. It was great because not only did I have more freedom but he even returned my sword to me. That was his mistake because now that I had his trust he wasn't watching me as closely. Because of this I was able to sneak around base and look for anything I can use against the marines. So far I hadn't found much but eventually I'll get something. 

As it was right now I'd been on my way back to my room when I realized that I'm going past the dungeon/cell units. Making sure that I'm not being watched I enter into the room and down the stairs. It's easy enough to slip past the marines posted there. I just mention Kizaru's name and they bow down to me and get out of the way. Going down to the very end of the cell unit and into the cell. Ace is chained to the wall looking rough. My heart goes out to him, he's too nice of a guy for this.

At the sound of me opening the cell door Ace lifts his head. A defiant glare is set on his face, he doesn't recognize me like this. Shutting the cell door behind me I go up closer. "What the hell do you want? There's nothing more you can do to demoralize me."

I swipe off my hat and kneel in front of him, fixing him with a piercing stare, "Good thing I'm not here to cause you trouble eh?" I allow my voice to be normal.

Ace's eyes widen, "Holy fuck! Rayne what the hell happened to you?" He hisses.

I smile bitterly, "Yeah, it's a long story and unfortunately no one knows I'm down here. Just understand that Kizaru has gone off the deep end. Anyways, I wanted to see how you're doing."

"Have you seen Sam? Did she get out okay?" He asks urgently.

"I'm sorry but I don't know. I wasn't at Impel Down. As far as I've heard though the marines are still out looking for her. After all, her being your wife means she's a target of interest."

"Rayne... why are you here?"

"To protect my crew. Now, keep your head high. The entire pirate world seems to be on your side. They're going to fight for you."

"I don't deserve it."

"Shut up you dumbass, " I hug him tightly, "You are worth it. I've never met anyone who is more worth it. Your father's sins shouldn't be yours either."

His body goes rigid, "How did you..."

I grin, "Believe me, I know all sorts of secrets." Walking out of the cell I give him one more nod before jamming my hat on my head.