Miss Independent

(Mark's POV)

I come home and find (Y/N) running around the apartment, piles of papers, dishes, pens, and a cup of tea in her hands. I walk over to her and reach out a little. "I can help with some of that. You seem to have way too much stuff to carry." She shakes her head as she signs a paper. "I'm good. I don't need help." I look at her worriedly. I can tell with how that she's moving that she's stressed. "At least let me take the dishes to the sink." She looks at me, sighs, then hands me them. I put them in the sink, then hug her from behind and look at the papers she's signing.

Application forms to (insert desired career) schools.

She's been trying to keep up with college while running a big YouTube channel, working as a waitress part-time, and still trying to make time for friends and me. She stresses herself out too much, but she never wants my help. She's little Miss Independent.

I sigh and kiss her cheek. "Let me know if you need anything. And try not to stress too much over all of this, okay? You're very intelligent and talented. You'll get into a good university, and get that career you've been wanting. Now I'm gonna go record, but you can come ask me for anything you need. I love, (Y/N)." She turns around and pecks my lips. "I love you too, Mark. Thank you for offering help."

I smile and go to my recording room, looking back once to make sure everything was okay. I wish I could do more for her...

~~~~~~2 Week Time Skip~~~~~

I just finished livestreaming Dream Daddy. It took forever to finish, but I did it. It's been about 6 hours since I last saw (Y/N). I know she's been really stressed out lately, but she won't let me help.

I get up and head into our bedroom, where I see (Y/N) tucked into a ball, crying. I sit next her and hold her close. "Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?" She takes a couple deep breaths before answering. "I just....I feel like I don't know what to do anymore. Everything just feels like weight, and I can't handle it even though I want to, and..." She starts sobbing again, and I stroke her hair while shooshing. "It's okay. I'm here for you. Just let me help you." She nods slowly. "okay..."

I kiss her forehead. "How about I do ALL of the cleaning and cooking and laundry around here since I'm home almost all day. And I could help you pre-record some videos on a non-busy day for you, or you can take a break for a few weeks. Then you can just focus on school, work, and yourself. Does that sound good?" She nodded into my chest. I hold her closer. "Good. Do you want to just cuddle here for the rest of the night?" She clings to me like a life line. "yes.."

I smile. "Okay." I gently lay us down, pulling her as close as I can. I kiss her forehead and cheek, and she kisses my cheek back. "I love you so much, (Y/N)." She smiles, that bright spark in her (E/C) eyes shining again. "I love a lot too, Mark. More than I could ever express in this life."

With that, we cuddle there and slowly doze off.

She may be Miss Independent, but even the most independent people need someone there for them.