News

I smiled very wide as the last 3 words replayed over and over again in my head that I didn’t even notice the doctor was talking to me.

“Elena?” she said again trying to get my attention.

“Oh! I am so sorry,” I apologized.

The doctor laughed, “It’s alright. I’m assuming this is your first?” she asked.

I quickly nodded my head.

“Well, I am going to set you up for an appointment to come back in 2 weeks,” she paused as she wrote something down on a sheet of paper and handed it to me, “In the meantime, I highly recommend that you make another appointment with this obstetrician.”

I quickly read the sheet of paper with the doctor’s name and telephone number on it.

“Next time you come in, feel free to bring your husband with you,” the doctor continued.

I quickly nodded, thanked the doctor, and left. I sat in my car for about ten minutes processing my being pregnant and how excited and happy I was. I couldn't wait to tell Elijah.

Elijah's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up. I had been having trouble sleeping the past few nights and this was about the tenth time of waking up during the night. My eyes drifted to Elena and saw that she was still in a deep slumber. I gently sat up in bed and turned my attention to the alarm clock setting on my nightstand beside the bed. The time was seven o'clock. I remembered my meeting was at 9 o'clock. I crept out of bed, once again, making sure she would not wake. I didn't want her knowing where or why I was leaving. This was something I wasn't ready to tell Elena about until I made sense of it all. As fast and silent as I could, I put on one of my suits and did my regular morning routine, wrote Elena a note telling her I would be back early afternoon, and left the house about 8 o'clock.

Exactly an hour later, I got out of my black Porsche and walked inside the entrance of the bar. It wasn't very crowded; there were only a handful of people inside. That was just the location I needed, somewhere I could talk without tormenting myself about the possibility of people overhearing our discussion. I then noticed that a middle-aged woman sat in one of the corners at a small table. Then I realized that it was Coleen. I had met her about fifty years ago in London while looking for Niklaus. At the time, she was only twenty five years old; she must have found a way to reduce aging because she looked slightly older, but not nearly her actual age.

I adjusted my suit and made my way over to her, "Colleen, thank you for agreeing to meet with me."

She stood up and smiled nervously, "Yes, well I am glad to help you Elijah." I could tell she was still very tense around me, even though somehow she knew I was no longer a vampire.

I smirked knowing this and inquired, "May I sit down?" She regained her focus and then replied,

"O-of course," and motioned towards the chair across from hers.

I sat down and waited for her to sit down. When she finally did I then decided to start investigating my dream.

"Colleen, I would like to show you why I requested you to meet me here, considering we have a long friendship," I started.

She then nodded, " Let's start then. Can I -," as she reached for my left hand and stared at my wedding ring.

"Yes," I replied knowing she must be asking millions of questions right now.

She then looked back at me and grabbed my hands and closed her eyes. I showed her everything she needed to know; from the ritual, Elena and I falling in love, our wedding, and finally my dream.

When I finished showing her my memories, she quickly opened her eyes very widely and whispered, "He was right. They are back."